One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been addressed but i was not able to find it..so my edition of questions that had most likely been asked.

1. how do you clean a phicen body..more specific...dyes that have bled on to the body from clothing? i got a very cool set of undies and the doll has been in them for a few days...i went to remove them to put them on another...and black splotches everywhere.

2. once clean...how do you all apply babypowder/talc/corn starch without it being too messy.....the frankenstien i stitched together was messy..i washed it with hand soap and warm water...but then it was sticky...soooo...i got an empty bag put baby powder in it and put the body in after i dried it.....shook the bag like i was flouring fried chicken...it worked to coat the body...but i had a lot to clean off.....

3. the elbows on my phicen stainless steel body have slits...not enough to see the skeleton but its got me worried....what could i use to seal it?
:help

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
As far as #1, you may be SOL. Hopefully edwick, or someone else who's had these types of figures longer, will be able to come up with some ideas, but it's my understanding those types of stains don't come out. In future, soak the clothes in vinegar for at least 24 hours, then wash with soap/water and let dry before putting them on.

#2: I just put a pinch of the corn starch on my fingers and gently rub it in. It doesn't take a lot to cover the entire thing.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I got one idea on how to avoid staining and that is to wash out the dye excess. ;)
I would'nt say that it stops the staining completely, but i think you can avoid heavy staining though. ;)

:hat

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
1. how do you clean a phicen body..more specific...dyes that have bled on to the body from clothing? i got a very cool set of undies and the doll has been in them for a few days...i went to remove them to put them on another...and black splotches everywhere.
Water is the recommended material. Some will recommend Oxy-Clean or some other hydrogen peroxide-based zit cream, which is supposed to work pretty well with hard plastic bodies but I haven't seen consistent reports that it works with a Phicen. Depending on how bad the stains are, you may be able to just let them sit for a day or two and see if they fade on their own.

And, as mentioned, testing clothing before putting it on is wise for any rubber-skinned figure (Hot Toys True Types with rubber arms have many of the same problems), and removing excess dyes is also not a bad idea. I just use a solution of Woolite and water when I want to do it, and I understand that there is dye fixative that you can get at assorted sewing/craft stores too.

2. once clean...how do you all apply babypowder/talc/corn starch without it being too messy.....the frankenstien i stitched together was messy..i washed it with hand soap and warm water...but then it was sticky...soooo...i got an empty bag put baby powder in it and put the body in after i dried it.....shook the bag like i was flouring fried chicken...it worked to coat the body...but i had a lot to clean off.....
When I need to do this, I just put a dry Phicen figure on a large paper towel, sprinkle a little bit of corn-starch baby powder in my hand, and sprinkle over the figure lightly. Then pick up the figure and give it a rubdown to get an even coat of powder (and the Phicen won't even require dinner and a movie ;)). A little baby powder goes a very long way and it's far easier to add more than it is to remove excess (as you unfortunately found out the hard way).

3. the elbows on my phicen stainless steel body have slits...not enough to see the skeleton but its got me worried....what could i use to seal it?
I haven't tried the stuff suggested, though I have some seams and experiments that I might try it out on. I can say conclusively that rubber cement does NOT work, though, so don't bother with it.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all. getting some of that sil-poxy that gruff suggested. will use that on my test figure before using it on my SS one..much like the baby powder....i tend to be excessive. with luck i wont glue my hand to it. Thank you edwick for all the info and suggestions. I tried just using warm water and hand soap....while it did fade it a bit the black stockings were just on too long..so now the figures lower legs are greenish and the feet themselves are worse albeit not as bad as it was. In my efforts to remove the stains off the upper torso....well..that went well its barely noticeable now....but i managed to remove the color from the figures nipples. seems my first phicen...was a disaster...and my second...is serviceable....and i gained alot of knowledge on what to do before putting on any clothing and just general care....hopefully #3 will be better. BTW...anyone know the diffrence between the large bust Stainless steel phicens and the 2.0 ones that are coming up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts