One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen something like these before? They are 1/6ish scale trash and recycling cans. I found them at a local Dollar Tree store and was totally amazed when I saw them. They match up quite well in my opinion. They have more so I'm thinking I might snag some more of them tomorrow wile I can. Also has anybody ever found 1/6 scale stuff at a dollar store before?

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
You can find a few (modern) things that work....but for us WWII folks, not much period stuff........

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

I have those one too, and perhaps every Canadian here. It comes in different colors, pink, orange and another one I can't recall. We picked the green being compost and blue for recycle, I just wished there was a gray for dry garbage, all houses here has these 3 colors. It is really cool, still I do not know what is it for. Oh yeah as a backdrop. The trash symbol on yours looks better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have those one too, and perhaps every Canadian here. It comes in different colors, pink, orange and another one I can't recall. We picked the green being compose and blue for recycle, I just wished there was a gray for dry garbage, all houses here has these 3 colors. It is really cool, still I do not know what is it for. Oh yeah as a backdrop. The trash symbol on yours looks better.
Ahhh nice! Yea they did have them in other colors. It said on the tag that they are a Canadian product. Pretty cool to find them in Indiana then. Nice use for them also in your pictures! Very nice little addition to the scene.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Those are cool, I'm going to keep and eye out for them next time I hit up a dollar tree, not sure what I would use them with but for a dollar you can't go wrong. Cool diorama btw:thumb

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I have those one too, and perhaps every Canadian here. It comes in different colors, pink, orange and another one I can't recall. We picked the green being compost and blue for recycle, I just wished there was a gray for dry garbage, all houses here has these 3 colors. It is really cool, still I do not know what is it for. Oh yeah as a backdrop. The trash symbol on yours looks better.
In Canada at Dollarama the blue has the recycling logo, and the green (though there is a logical temptation to use it for composting) has a Trash / Garbage logo on it. Oddly in the Indiana ones just shown, the "Trash" logo is slightly different (same logo illustration but the word Trash is added on there) and they are both on blue. The other Canadian ones are kinda useless in pastel colours (the other color is purple). I think like many Dollarama products these may be a "clone," and the ones seen in Indiana could be the "original."

If anyone is wondering whether Dollarama is starting to make stuff for dioramas, the answer is no: these are actually a Stationary product (pencil case). They seemed to be gone for a while but lately I've seen them turning up again.

Fioski I've said it previously, but your street scene looks great. Sadly I seem to have lost one picture I took with these that I would have liked to show here: I stuffed the empty Captain Action Spider-Man costume in the trash bin like the Classic comic book splash page of Spider-Man 50, "Spider-Man no more."

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have them, one each for my 1/1 offices since I realized they were too small for use in 1/6 - they are more like 1/8 or so.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I have them, one each for my 1/1 offices since I realized they were too small for use in 1/6 - they are more like 1/8 or so.
Not so. They're perfect 1/6 for houses around here, where we have a choice of two blue-bin sizes for street pick-up (and these are slightly larger than the smaller size). That's why as Fioski pointed out probably every OSW Canadian got these. It would be nice admittedly if they made one about 15% larger to match the rows you see outside apartment buildings etc. More importantly, they are perfect 1/6 for the recycling containers used indoors, say in an office or a cafeteria or a mall, which are probably the dioramas where they're getting used.

·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts
I'm going to have to check the DT near me, but I'm not hoping for much. They never seem to get anything anyone posts they got there.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
After looking at those pics, they seem just a tad too small.....our city has both blue bins (re-cycling), and black bins (garbage), both are the same size.....they come up to past/above my waist....

But I suppose they come in different 1:1 sizes, so it seems anything close would work.....

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
We have some inner office recycle bins that are about exactly that size. I believe these to be a damn fine find. Sadly, the Dollar Stores around here have nothing like this.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
We have some inner office recycle bins that are about exactly that size. I believe these to be a damn fine find. Sadly, the Dollar Stores around here have nothing like this.
I think the Dollar Store versions (Dollar Tree, Dollarama in Canada) are clones of a pre-existing Stationery product, so you could try places like Staples/Office Depot where they would keep a novelty pencil box. They'd cost more than $1 but probably not too much.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
For completeness, here is what their color/logo options look like at (Canadian) Dollarama. Can't see doing much with the pastel color ones, but I got those first, thinking of repainting, before I found the actual logo'd Garbage and Recycling ones.

Also posted this to the Builds thread. Simultaneously the below picture shows the Taxidermy Steer and Elk heads novelty magnets I found at Urban Outfitters (more info on those in the other thread).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For completeness, here is what their color/logo options look like at (Canadian) Dollarama. Can't see doing much with the pastel color ones, but I got those first, thinking of repainting, before I found the actual logo'd Garbage and Recycling ones.

Also posted this to the Builds thread. Simultaneously the below picture shows the Taxidermy Steer and Elk heads novelty magnets I found at Urban Outfitters (more info on those in the other thread).

·
Registered
274 Posts
wow, they look perfect !

from your diorama, i thought u were gonna "dispose" of the body in the dumpster lol

(sort of like Hitman style)

i have co-workers who are avid hunters and would be interested for more info on the taxidermy wallmounts (if they're magnet all the better as stocking stuffers for their home fridges or our office decor)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
i have co-workers who are avid hunters and would be interested for more info on the taxidermy wallmounts (if they're magnet all the better as stocking stuffers for their home fridges or our office decor)
I gave more info for those in the "Things for your builds" thread. I got them from Urban Outfitters. The white Steer and the black Elk heads are all that our Urban Outfitters carries but this "Taxidermy" series by FCTRY makes other mounted animal heads - here for example they are selling the Steer, Elk, Big Horn and Kudu, with a choice of black or white for each: https://www.sausalitoferry.com/store/fctry-taxidermy-animal-wall-hooks/127

They're basically fridge magnets but can take hook support. They're using the magnets in my pic (there's a metal panel behind the photo of bricks). I think these work ok in 1/6 scale, and wd probably repaint credibly if I weren't so lazy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts