One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted Rambo First Blood (M65 version) into M60 toting version?

Obviously, the grey tank top, M60 w/ bipods and ammos need to be acquired.
I suppose a better ariticulation will make up for the muscle-body look...but the real question is this: how do you put the head band around the headsculpt to make it look somewhat decent to make the conversion happen? I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this and wanted to hear some feedback. Thanks.

·
Medic
2,882 Posts
Hot Toys already made this version of John Rambo from the "First Blood" movie. The current version (M65 field jacket version) is the second from "First Blood." In the first version he has the muscle body, tank top, headband, etc. He also comes with an M60, but it's not the correct version (I forget the specific model number). However, Hot Toys and maybe someone else (besides DML) now makes the correct model of M60.

What I think would be great is to have the current versions (M65) head sculpt modified with "real" hair and then you could place a bandana on his head when it's time to do so. ;)

- Ian

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ian, I agree with you about the real hair. I actually thought about getting the original version, but headsculpt and muscle body turned me away. In all fairness to Hot Toys, the original version tried to stay very close to the look of Sly in the movie poster as seen below.

M65 version's headsculpt is on the money, however. A huge improvement over the original sculpt. I know a lot of folks prefer M65 version not only for accurate headsculpt and M65 jacket, but also this is how we see Sly at the beginning of the movie. As for me, I prefer him w/ M60 toward the end tearing up the town.

My curiosity still remains as to anyone who may have used M65 headsculpt into one with the head band.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I really dont have a problem with the headsculpt on the M60/Tanktop First Blood figure, its not nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be. While the new figure is an EXCELLENT likeness of Stallone, you really can't use it for anything past the "Jail Shower Scene" since after that point, he's just a wet or shagggy mess :)

Plus its the very passive look on his face when he's trying to ignore Brian Denehey's comments from inside the police car. Its a great sculpt, but it really only works for that "walkin down the road" look they dressed him for, IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts