One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I joined the forum just to ask if anyone knows if there is a body type that I can "replace" either the neck or even the whole inner doll body that would match her skin tones?
I just bought the figure and seller claims he knew nothing about the ripped neck prior to shipping and has offered a refund as one option, though I may or may not have to pay shipping back. It wasn't cheap either ($143 shipped), so I was expecting a defect free figure. Medicom has said no on getting a replacement and 1/6 figures are honestly not my forte.
Honestly, what's my best option at this point? Do all Medicom RAH figures suffer from this kind of thing? I know in searching for an answer to my problem, I've seen a ton of posts about how crappy RAH figures are.

Automotive design Flash photography Toy Purple Headgear

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Do all Medicom RAH figures suffer from this kind of thing? I know in searching for an answer to my problem, I've seen a ton of posts about how crappy RAH figures are.
Medicom's product is well known for having bodies, clothing and equipment randomly falling apart. They've had so many issues it is hard to take them seriously as a brand. With something like that I would seek a refund. The seller may have been unaware as the Medicom stuff has a habbit of rotting away in the box.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Medicom used to sell their bodies loose, but I think it's only the normal type male body. I'd say refund if it's bothering you & she's not something like a "grail" figure, also read everything on her box. I have RAH PMMM Mami Tomoe Uniform ver. & her box said something along the line of "expect the outfit materials to degrade with time", her bowtie has frayed. Also her shoes, extra hands & one of her extra face has varying degree of blue stained nose. I think it's from getting rubbed inside the plastic tray.

In short, Medicom still has quality issues, just not as bad as before.

P.S. DO NOT buy anything with metal(including wire) or leather-like material, there's a chance it'll rust or flake/crack/melt. And you can't hold it against them since the box already warned you.

P.P.S. There's a review of RAH Chun Li 1.0 somewhere mentioning her boots not being white, but has a blue hue to it. I think it's not supposed to be like that, it's just another unexplained blue staining.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I do want this figure in the end and while it's not a "grail", it is something I want to own.

Back to my original question though, is there a doll type body that can "replace" the RAH body? The only really visible parts are the head, upper neck (which is fine), and the lower neck piece as the neck is a two piece construction on this figure. So I just need a body that will fit inside the clothes and connect to the head basically.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I do want this figure in the end and while it's not a "grail", it is something I want to own.

Back to my original question though, is there a doll type body that can "replace" the RAH body? The only really visible parts are the head, upper neck (which is fine), and the lower neck piece as the neck is a two piece construction on this figure. So I just need a body that will fit inside the clothes and connect to the head basically.
Judging from your photo, one can only guess that it might be in the pale colour tone range. But you can never be sure with a photo until you make a physical colour comparisons. It's pure 'try and error'!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,890 Posts
Get your $ back.

End of story.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Judging from your photo, one can only guess that it might be in the pale colour tone range. But you can never be sure with a photo until you make a physical colour comparisons. It's pure 'try and error'!
Okay, but is there a specific line of 1/6 doll bodies that work with the heads of RAH figures? (like Obitsu, etc)? I just want to know if I can swap the body out???

·
Registered
384 Posts
Being japanese, they usually made it in 2 tones: flesh/peach or white(yours seems to be this one). Your best bet would be an obitsu body, they have a variety of neck connectors and bust size. You just need to determine your skin tone, body height(obitsu only goes to 27cm for 1:6 female bodies), body type(all plastic or soft bust body a.k.a. soft vinyl torso) & bust size. Try removing her head first to get a clue which kind of neck connector she uses.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is the neck post made of hard plastic? Maybe fill it in with fine hobby putty, sand it down and paint with flesh tone acrylic.

Wasn't aware of the quality control issues from this company. I have a Masked Rider in the closet, now I need to check it...

PzrFst

·
Registered
700 Posts
Answering your question, yes, there are many bodies you can replace it with. Many indeed. It depends on what type of body you want, seamless, silicone, visible joints, etc. You have to decide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Answering your question, yes, there are many bodies you can replace it with. Many indeed. It depends on what type of body you want, seamless, silicone, visible joints, etc. You have to decide.
Being japanese, they usually made it in 2 tones: flesh/peach or white(yours seems to be this one). Your best bet would be an obitsu body, they have a variety of neck connectors and bust size. You just need to determine your skin tone, body height(obitsu only goes to 27cm for 1:6 female bodies), body type(all plastic or soft bust body a.k.a. soft vinyl torso) & bust size. Try removing her head first to get a clue which kind of neck connector she uses.
Thank you for the info!

I tried to look at the neck. I cannot figure out how to detach the head (it might just be a really tight ball joint)? It has an inner plastic area that is surrounded by a "squishy" flesh like coating. The "flesh" coating is what actually ripped. The flesh definitely extends down into the main body. Does RAH cover the body in a fleshy substance to hide the joints?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thank you for the info!

I tried to look at the neck. I cannot figure out how to detach the head (it might just be a really tight ball joint)? It has an inner plastic area that is surrounded by a "squishy" flesh like coating. The "flesh" coating is what actually ripped. The flesh definitely extends down into the main body. Does RAH cover the body in a fleshy substance to hide the joints?
Yes, female RAH has "soft bust body" for extra hentai points, even if her unremovable clothes covered everything. ;p And I see that yours are made in 2008, no wonder it ripped. I'd suggest heating the head then carefully pulling it, although check first if there're screws, if there're than you need to unscrew the head instead of heat+pull.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I share your pain: my motoko also came ripped. I believe its a result of the soft latex used, which dried/hardened over time and then ripped when the neck joint is moved.

I replaced the neck area by using a small scissors (the pointed kind that you use to cut hair) and snipped out as wide an area as possible (slightly below neck level).

I cut an equivalent from a junked kumik body and stuffed it down. Pretty much undetectable change (since the suit can't be taken out)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts