One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
dude
yeah......i remember watching this anime in a spanish language channel back in da day......
i don't know about medicom though, their johnny rotten & sid vicious were such disappointments in my eyes..looked nothing like the pre-production pics i remember seeing all over the place. same applies here as far as i'm concern dude...here's hopeing the final product looks as good as these pics...:)

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love that show. Used to watch it while waiting for the school bus to arrive every morning when I was a kid.

I have some 50 Medicoms in my collection - which is 99.99% of my collection. lol

Those Rotten and Vicious figures are pretty much exactly like the pics - problem is that the sculpts never really looked like them in the first place. I have the same problem with their upcoming Stones figures. Fred Mercury figure looks pretty cool, though.

But I've never been disappointed with Medicom figures being not like release photos.

Also - the Rotten & Vicious figures were released as two separate lines: 1/6 RAH and smaller "action figures" that were pretty much fixed pose.

The fixed pose figures are pretty dead on and people sometimes think pics of those are pics of the 1/6 figures. When you sculpt clothing - it is easier to make it look closer to the real deal than when you have to use real materials to reproduce the the clothing in 1/6 scale. And Medicom is really good at it - IMO.

Tin

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
I noticed that this is using the "Stylish Collection" spider body which should be the same as their LupinIII series. Poseablilty could be an issue here although I too like to have this one :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep, I pre-ordered this as soon as it went up. I remember trying to track down the original RAH Harlock about 5 years ago. I'm glad I held off.

Between this and all the various Ultra brothers and Kamen Riders I've also pre-ordered, I think I'm personally responsible for keeping Medicom afloat this year:D

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Between this and all the various Ultra brothers and Kamen Riders I've also pre-ordered, I think I'm personally responsible for keeping Medicom afloat this year:D
You and me both :)

The earlier Harlock versions aren't so hot - but I would still love to have one for my collection.

I hear they will have other characters from the show. Should be cool.

Wish they would have new StarBlazers/Spaceship Yamato figures in this line.

Tin

1 - 20 of 97 Posts