One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The King of Flamm
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the other day that the Cap WS double pack is going to be as tall as the Cavill Superman which towers over my other HT figures. Is this true? A new scale for all forthcoming figures?

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I don't believe they'd do that. It would render their stuff into the same category as the DC 13" stuff.

I just don't see them shooting themselves in the foot like that.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
Will a mod please update the thread's title to reflect "Are HOT TOYS 1:6 figures going to be more EXPENSIVE?" for accuracy & grammar? Thank you.

;) :p

Shorter ankle/foot pegs is a possible solution unless the ankle/foot peg design/size is changed as well.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Will a mod please update the thread's title to reflect "Are HOT TOYS 1:6 figures going to be more EXPENSIVE?" for accuracy & grammar? Thank you. ;) :p
That would not be more accurate or grammatical. For accuracy the word "are" should go with the phrase "are going to," and the question mark is unnecessary. ;) :p

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
That would not be more accurate or grammatical. For accuracy the word "are" should go with the phrase "are going to," and the question mark is unnecessary. ;) :p

Touche!

I'm off my game today.

;)

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
to be honest I would love it if the new figures was around the size of the MOS figure. I would then go exclusively to buying Hot Toys. I didn't know most of their figures were on the short side, because up until the MOS all I had bought was, the Black widow, two terminators and The Barney Ross figure and now Roadblock. I can't wait to get the steve rogers, cap pack. most people will girpe at first, but eventually I believe they would love the new size...I know I do....again if they make this their new standard size, as far as male figures go I would go exclusively Hot Toys.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Is the actual body longer on the Man of Steel figure or is it just height modified with the longer pegs? I've not seen one myself.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most HT are under-sized anyways. Take the HT Indy head which looks pin-headed on just about any brand of body apart from HT. I wouldn't mind them 'up-sizing' their stuff.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Yeah, just great knowing that if eg you will want to display Iron Man next to Avengers II Baron Strucker, you're going to have to buy a new one, because you can't use any of your current dozen + figures. If you want to display the Vision (Avengers II) with the Red Skull (First Avenger) -- now you can't. And I guess people who bought that Hall of Armor are now going to have to buy an additional set that's scaled for the new figures, etc etc. Yeah, like we won't mind at all them up-sizing their stuff :think

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I've done a little research and the new Cap two pack will be 31cm = 12.2047 inches
Man of Steel was also the same height. !2.2047 is not 13" like DCD so it might not be that bad. I guess we'll see.
OIK, good to know. Disparity of DCD 13" and a reg. Hot Toys figure basically couldn't represent two humans in the same world (though maybe you could justify such disparity for aliens like Sinestro or the Manhunter). It sounds like the disparity btwn Old HT and New HT (if it happens) will be less -- more like "Gee, I wouldn't have guessed that Quicksilver [new] is a tall guy while Tony Stark [old] is a short guy."

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Is MoS THAT TALL that you can't display it with other HT figures??
From what I gather, MoS has a bigger body (duh) but is made taller by longer pegs. That is why some have modified it with standard pegs to make him shorter.

It is a question of scale now. MoS is not out of scale. And I don't think HT is dumb enough to change that.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I understand the frustration of those who have bought countless of Hot Toys figures not wanting them to up-size the figures. I recently bought the John Connor figure from Terminator Salvation ...and to be honest I was very disappointed by the size of this figures. I haven't bought a lot of Hot Toys boxed figures due to the size of them. I was very pleased when I saw the size of the Man of Steel figure. I am pre-ordering the box set of Steve and Cap tomorrow...if this is going to be the new standard size for Hot Toy figures I will make Hot Toys my exclusive company for boxed figures. at the price we pay for Hot Toys they should at least give the impression (i know they are not...) worth the 200+ we pay for them. I am really surprised there are not more of us who feel the figures were a little undersized. that's probably the reason I have around 20 of the TM 20's body , (that's including the two Terminator I have) I love the size of those bodies....

by the way I have the Man of Steel and yes the pegs are longer, but the body is also bigger. his height is not all due to the pegs. go look online and you can see the body nude and you will see it is a bigger body and in this case bigger is better.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
by the way I have the Man of Steel and yes the pegs are longer, but the body is also bigger. his height is not all due to the pegs. go look online and you can see the body nude and you will see it is a bigger body and in this case bigger is better.
That's what I said: MoS has a bigger body. (See my previous post.)

And for obvious reasons it contributes to the height. Neck length and shoes also contribute to the height of the figure. I don't know what you're on about but we are not in disagreement here. I don't have to look online.

If they make future figures across the board taller so be it. I don't really care. BUT I don't see any logical reason for them to do so other than the character they are doing is supposed to be big. (Superman, Captain America, Thor... they're supposed to be bigger. So "short" characters previously released like Spider-Man, Coulson or Black Widow were not as big when displayed side-by-side, which means the scale is good. More or less.)

If you like 'em big, good for you. But I doubt these new releases are any indication that HT is going that way. (Unless they announce it officially. :p)

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
That's what I said: MoS has a bigger body. (See my previous post.)

And for obvious reasons it contributes to the height. Neck length and shoes also contribute to the height of the figure. I don't know what you're on about but we are not in disagreement here. I don't have to look online.

If they make future figures across the board taller so be it. I don't really care. BUT I don't see any logical reason for them to do so other than the character they are doing is supposed to be big. (Superman, Captain America, Thor... they're supposed to be bigger. So "short" characters previously released like Spider-Man, Coulson or Black Widow were not as big when displayed side-by-side, which means the scale is good. More or less.)

evidence seems to point they are going that way, Raiden, Thor and Loki are listed at 32cm, Cap at 31cm,BD terminator at 32cm, Gen Zod at 31cm, Kerberos at a whoping 33cm and the Winter Soldier at 31cm.....it doesn't make sense to make the figures that tall unless that is the direction that Hot Toys is going in. Why would they make them that tall and go back to make the rest of the figures 30cm? Personally I think it is a great move. If they go in that direction which evidence point to that...I will truly make mines Marve....uh I mean Hot Toys:thumb:thumb:thumb

If you like 'em big, good for you. But I doubt these new releases are any indication that HT is going that way. (Unless they announce it officially. :p)
let me say that I am not arguring/debating or enaging you in any negative response only saying what I have seen...since I do have the Man of Steel....evidence seems to point that Hot Toys are moving in the direction of bigger figures, Raiden, Thor and Loki are listed at 32cm, Cap at 31cm,BD terminator at 32cm, Gen Zod at 31cm, Kerberos at a whoping 33cm and the Winter Soldier at 31cm.....it doesn't make sense to make the figures that tall unless that is the direction that Hot Toys is going in. Why would they make them that tall and go back to make the rest of the figures 30cm? Personally I think it is a great move. If they go in that direction which evidence point to that...I will truly make mines Marve....uh I mean Hot Toys:thumb:thumb:thumb

1 - 20 of 40 Posts