One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Enjoying the View
1,136 Posts
At 50%, I'm barely a Yank.
I would like to see how well our Canadian, British, and Australian compatriots score...:smoking

·
Registered
292 Posts
"100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father?"

FREE BIRD!

American by birth...Southern by the Grace of God!

Actually, I'm only a 3rd generation American from my paternal line (great Grandfather Binch was from Calverton, England) though the rest of my family traces back to the beginning (my paternal Grandmother is a Jefferson - as in Thomas!)

I've lived in a large city my entire life, don't drink beer, don't listen to country music...I'm most definitely not a *******!

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, y'all!

I scored 65%... and I'll agree I AM Southern, Southern Californian that is. Other than that, I spent 5 months in Anniston, Alabama going thru Basic Training and MP School. Also 6 months in South West Asia for that little thing called Desert Storm. But I suppose I'm a certifable Southern Gentleman because I pronounce things funny.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
born and reared in Texas, and I only got 60%, and they didn't mention "fixin to" as an adverbial phrase, or the difference between raised and reared ( cattle are raised, children are reared)

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
31% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee. So many Great Lakes references, yup thats me !!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
68% dixie ... wish I was in the land of cotton? I was born and raised in So. Cal., but mom's mom's family is from the south, Grate Grandma's maiden name is Lee... Weird that it would stay in your dialect after 3 generations.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
"100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father?"

FREE BIRD!

American by birth...Southern by the Grace of God!

Actually, I'm only a 3rd generation American from my paternal line (great Grandfather Binch was from Calverton, England) though the rest of my family traces back to the beginning (my paternal Grandmother is a Jefferson - as in Thomas!)

I've lived in a large city my entire life, don't drink beer, don't listen to country music...I'm most definitely not a *******!
Very cool. I love family history! My Great Grandma is a Lee as in Robert E. and her daughter (my paternal Grandma) was a member of the Daughters of the Rock (as in direct descendants of the pilgrims at Plymouth). But my Pops is 1/4 Cherokee, helps keep things in balance.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
OK, what the heck? Born and raised in TN, lived most of my adult life in LA (Louisiana) and now live in southern MS and I only score a 91% Dixie. :confused: Must've been all those years living in the Big Sleazy and getting my accent contaminated with "Y'at" (N.O. dialect). :sadshake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.