One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
I'm not sure, but I doubt the VC where the SEALs were operating were that well armed that they had the latest and greatest of Soviet Weaponry. Sure, some later NVA units may have had a Dragunov, but I dunno, I feel like if a VC was to have a sniper rifle, itd be a scoped moison nagant. But who knows, its VN, anything goes...

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Although there could have been an exception it is doubtful that a VC would have a Dragunov, NVA probably since the North's suppliers, the Soviets and the Chinese, did used them from about the mid-1960's. Here's a good site that has a pretty comprehensive list of the weapons you'd find in the hands of the VC: http://www.skysoldier17.com/vc_weapons.htm. Those would be the weapons most likely to come into the hands of SEALS.

Another thing that would make it less probable is it's value. It's a beautiful sniper weapon, snipers and their weapons rarely fall into the hands of the enemy. A weapon like that wouldn't just be left on the battlefield if there was anyone alive to cart it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.