One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of the Iron Horse
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a modern marine forward observer and I've been looking around for a PRC-119 or Foxtrot radio and I don't think anyone makes them so I need some ideas for any good radios out there that I could use. I need something big and that can take a whip antenna(which I already have). It's going to be in a pack so all that will be seen is the top of it.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
bbi included the PRC-119 in a couple of releases it seems. There's some discussion of that included here.
You could use a chunk of wood or jinn up a box of plastic card, then make the top plate and details for that, if you can't locate a -119.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Hi Slyster, is the PRC-119 the same kind of radio in a Humvee? If so, you could use the BBi radio that came with their carded sniper ops set--I don't recall the specific name of it at the moment, but I think it came with an Alice pack and maybe some netting aside from the radio. It'll need some TLC to make it look nicer I think.
Another option, if it even is viable [and I hope so because I bought one for my forward observer :p] is HT's PRC-117 that came with the TACP figure. You'll have to swap the antenna/mount with one that will accept the whip antenna, but comes with a nice handset.

Ooh nice thread PD, and quicker on the draw than I~ Kidding aside, It's great to see your digi-face on the board more often these days :)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Thanks saiko, nice to get some hobby time in. The HT TACP actually came with an AN/PRC-113, which was replaced (along with the -119 I think) by the -117. The sniper pack set's definitely one of the bbi sets, not sure if the Ranger pack aset had one or not. A true -117 would make Havoc's day, and mine as well, among others.

·
Master of the Iron Horse
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the PRC-119/SINGAR is the radio in most humvees. Im having a heck of a time looking for it at all the online stores, when did the bbi set come out? I have a radio that came with the dml woodland marpat set a long time ago, but Ive never seen the real one before. I was just thinking about putting a longer antenna on it since it will be in a pack and the only parts visible will be the handset and antenna. The scratch built idea is another good idea just need reference pics easy enough since I can do that at work.

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.