One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just purchased the winter soldier set from Alert Line, there are 2 things that confuse me:

1/ The fuzzy hat (Ushanka)'s wires are really long, is there a way of shortening them? Or do i have to cut them short?

2/ The helmet, how to attach 2 pieces together? Gluing ? (thinking there supposed to be some kind of frame inside the helmet)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
It's been a bit, and so my Russian is tucked away downstairs, but the strings for the Ushanka are long, but fairly decent material. You can use forceps or tweezers to help tie them, then clip the long end. A small dab of white glue could hold the knot, to be cleaned off later.
If I remember right, a good approach for most suspensions is to put them on the head, and pull the chin strap into place. Then, the helmet can just be sat down on it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a bit, and so my Russian is tucked away downstairs, but the strings for the Ushanka are long, but fairly decent material. You can use forceps or tweezers to help tie them, then clip the long end. A small dab of white glue could hold the knot, to be cleaned off later.
If I remember right, a good approach for most suspensions is to put them on the head, and pull the chin strap into place. Then, the helmet can just be sat down on it.
Thanks for the reply, pukingdog. However, i did find a good solution for the helmet and i hope that you will find it useful.

It is really simple, all you need is a piece of bendable wire. Next, slide the wire through/around the helmet's suspension . Finally, adjust the thing until it tightly fits the inner of the helmet.

Ta-da!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts