One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had this Dusty figure from Sideshow Collectibles in my collection for quite some time. I wanted to try swapping its body for a more poseable body but having some problems with the boots. The ankle pegs are incredibly hard to remove, has anyone successfully remove the pegs? (See attachment)

As for the body, the legs are difficult to bend unless some force is applied, is there a way to tweak the leg joints so that it bends a little more smoothly? (See attachment)

·
Registered
71 Posts
get a cup and fill 3/4 water and heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Dip the boots in it for 4 to 5 minutes. Then gently tug the pegs out with a pair of pliers. Toys City and Hot Toys foot pegs should fit right in

·
Registered
171 Posts
Those look real similar to Vasquez's boots. I always thought they were "beets" (bootfeet all in one) until one day I dumped em in hot water for a minute or two and a complete foot w/pegs slid out.

(in short, yeah I 2nd hot water)

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,926 Posts
Try using a hot air dryer and applying the heat to the ankle area for about 30 to 45 seconds and the gently pulling out the boot feet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts