One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the old suntan skin tone still available by Phicen/TBLeague? Recently, I bought an S12D body off ebay, and found that the skin tone was only slightly greyer compared to the new suntan. Is that the colour of Old Suntan. I have never seen an Old Suntan version in person. Only your photos and old phicen pics. I was thinking of getting an S2A, but am unsure if the colour is going to be the same as the S12D or darker. I am looking for a darker skin tone.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
I've asked that question too. Never heard one way or the other. I have a S02A and it is the darker old suntan, much darker than my S12D. But I bought the S02A over a year ago and got the S12D more recently. I'm not sure if the color difference is because they are different models or if it is because the S02A is older. All I can say is my S02A is very dark, but not sure if one purchased today will be lighter.

·
Registered
968 Posts
If you really need that dark suntan of old-purchase a Phicen boxed figure set like Sparta Warrior or Caroline Monroe. Both (and several others) are the "old suntan" version.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,898 Posts
The early/first production run of the SPARTA figure was the darker suntan skin tone. When PHICEN/TBL did another production run to accommodate demand there were sporadic observations by some that the later production was not as dark as the original run.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
If you really need that dark suntan of old-purchase a Phicen boxed figure set like Sparta Warrior or Caroline Monroe. Both (and several others) are the "old suntan" version.
The early/first production run of the SPARTA figure was the darker suntan skin tone. When PHICEN/TBL did another production run to accommodate demand there were sporadic observations by some that the later production was not as dark as the original run.
Actually the Sparta Warrior skintone is unique as far as I can tell. The original Red Sonja was darker suntan in her first wave but went to Phicen's lighter suntan in the second wave. This comparison shot is between the original Sonja and Sparta when they shipped:

Sparta Warrior and Red Sonja by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

The first boxed nude that came in the lighter suntan was the S17B, and all the newer ones (SXXB where XX is greater than 18) are in the same tone. The first boxed set that used the lighter suntan was Mercy Dante and the second wave Red Sonja. I have to update the caption for newer figure,s but this photo on my Flickr documents all the skin tones and what models had which skin tones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts