One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I'm looking for MP40 pouches and I've come across the green ones on Newlineminiatures, I'd like to know what units would use "green" pouches?

Also, can someone tell me the purpose of having so many color and variations of MP pouches? I know WW2 FJ have used blue canvas ones. The DAK using tan-like colored ones etc.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Pretty sure other than what you just said, anything goes. There weren't specific colors issued to specific units other than I think the only units (until shortages arose) who received the blue equipment were the FJs.

Most of the time, a white thread is used but in some cases the tread is in a matching color to the pouch. The pouches came in several colors variations. Several sources indicate that the green and grey pouches were used by the Wehrmacht, the blue ones by the Air force, the yellow/sand colored ones for the Africa Korps. Maybe this was true at the beginning of the war, but later on, several colors were used by several Army units in a mixed way. I have also observed some "two tone" colored pouches (see right)!
Taken from http://www.mp40.nl/index.php?page=original-pouches

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure other than what you just said, anything goes. There weren't specific colors issued to specific units other than I think the only units (until shortages arose) who received the blue equipment were the FJs.
I think so too.

Thanks for sharing the link, I like WW2 figures a lot and yet I know very little about military history.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts