One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey community, I typically don’t bash historic figures due to the expense and scarcity of loose parts, but I’m now venturing down that road. Does anybody know whether or not a company has produced an Austrian Hungarian soldier from WWI? If not, alternatively, has any company ever produced a Mannlicher Schönauer type rifle from the period? As far as my own research has gone, Austrian M17 helmets are out there in 1/6 scale, but the only Mannlicher rifles I can find are Italian variants produced by Twisting Toys a few years back. Thanks for any help.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Tony Barton makes an excellent German M1916 Stahlhelm, which the Austrian M17 apparently resembles - helmets - antheadssite

troitskaya28 has made the M17 - Austrian M17 helmet and his site is http://stores.ebay.com/troitskaya28-custom-miniatures/_i.html?rt=nc&_pgn=2&_ipg=48 - has them.

I believe that there was a crude rifle from the old Soldiers of the World, not sure if it was an actual Mannlicher 1895, or a Gewehr 88. Weylen, aka plasticboy has some beautiful Hanyang 88 rifles. I'm thinking those would require work to make the Austrian straight-pull bolt system, and some stock (and sights?) modifications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts