One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Question about US M43 unis in Indochine war

Cold War (Post WW2 to 1990) 
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pukingdog 
#1 ·
Hi again, the OSW friends!

Planning to do a little squad of french paras in 1952. I have been looking for US M43 camo uniforms (habitual in this moment). You can find excelent colour photos from French Army archives here (click in "VOIR LA GALLERIE PHOTO"):

La bataille de Na San dans les archives photographiques de l?ECPAD. - ECPAD

Finally I get some unis from trades/buys/gifts, but from different styles: DML Hap Daley, and Edward, and Gearbox Alamo Scout unis too.

I want to know your opinion about mixing these different unis/camos. Is this accuracy? Your opinion is important, thanks!!

In all the photos, the figure wears DML Hap Daley pants (by far, the better pants!):

Photo 1: DML Hap Daley jacket and pants (a outstanding uni IMHO)

Photo 2: DML Edward jacket (not bad at all, only a light difference in the camo)

Photo 3: Gearbox Alamo scout jacket (dyed) and DML Hap pants.

The use of old Gearbox gear is inspired by this post of Arbomambo

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/porta...ays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&finish_rel=-10000

Photo 4: BBI P44 USMC camo jacket (nice but a little dark pattern?) with Hap pants again

Thanks for your opinions and/or criticisms, the OSW friends!
:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Added to NOSAJ19's observation, I believe that different runs and even suppliers might have produced differing shades and colors. A number of old photos show the Paramarine jacket in use, as well as some with the USMC and EGA print on the pocket. Early on, there seems to have been a great deal of mixing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.