One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Pug Lord
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if anything one has any of these? They are listed as 1:8 scale but the gear looks like 1:6 . Figures are supposed to be 10" and I noticed a lot of my 90's era GI Joe's are 10.5".
the shuttle pilot gear looks just like Hasbro astronaut equipment, hard to imagine someone tooling up the same moldsonly slightly smaller.
Gear on the soldier and police officer looks very much like PTE.
Mostly just curiosity. Thanks!

real heroes figures - Google Search

· in-the-closet lesbian
4,341 Posts
if they are 10 inches tall, they are 1:7, not 1:8. 1:8 scale figures would be 9 inches tall for a 6 foot tall character.

1:8 scale would be more Play Arts Kai, whereas these are more HM Armed Forces scale.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
I think 9" to 10" all tends to get called 1:8 though mathematically jaztermareal is correct. Figures at 9" are much more common being "Mego Scale." In addition to iconic Mego there were Toybiz Famous Covers and also Playmates Star Trek, Babylon 5, Wild Wild West, Gilligan's Island etc. I think 10" being less common tends to get grouped in with the 9" and they call it 1:8. Here's a blog actually called 1:8 World telling us more about these Real Heroes: 1:8 Scale World.

· Pug Lord
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MbAM. I tried to use some of my Playmates 9" but they are just too small. 1:7 scale seems to be about the edge and the Real heroes seem to be "swimming" in the gear so I'm guessing it will fit decent. I guess I will find out soon, I bought a few items. Price was reas Noble enough for background props if they don't. For me, this is part of the fun. I enjoy kitbashing. Checking out your link now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.