One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how to put a Frontline male sculpt on a figure, but has anyone put a Chan Ada FEMALE sculpt on a Cy Girl or PB? If so, how, and does it lose movement?

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
i dont have experience with ada's sculpts but as with most custom resin heads and CG bodies, the way it works (so long as the neck below the chin is the correct length) is there is just a "hole" in the neck well.

since the CG body requires a vinyl (or soft plastc) head to stretch and snap into place on the neck peg, the only way to get a resin (or hard, non stretchable) head is to put some blue tac in the hole and "gum" it onto the neck peg.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I would suggest customizing the neck post to a ball joint socket. It always seems to me that the resin heads are so much heavier than the vinyl heads so the figure always ends up looking at the ceiling.

Paul

·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts
I'd suggest caution with some of her heads. Sizing is a problem and she won't always admit to it. She told me there is no problem with her Milla Jovovich sculpt but pix don't lie. I have about 2 dozen of her sculpts but recently got 3 that has been a tooth and nails fight to get fixed. One she refuses to correct anymore, one she said she would and one she said there was no problem with.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I've have never bought any of Ada's sculpts either, but if you really want a great HS try Chris Howes. He just did a BJD sculpt for Laura that came out great. Chris had never done a BJD sculpt before and redid the sculpt a couple of times to get the sizing right. Well worth the money for a sculptor that wants his work to be right. We will be doing more business with Chris in the future for some 1/6th sci-fi heads once we get moved into the new store.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.