One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my second military figure yesterday, a HT 2007 pmc limited edition.
However this guy was not fun to put together. He has got SO many accessorries looks so cluttered when finally assembled. I'm sure most of you have seen this figure.What I want to know is, do real life contractors carry that much gear at once? Could it still be "accurate" if I remove some of his gear to make him look a little more ...comfortable?

Cheers!
Nanda

·
1:6 Noob
64 Posts
Hot Toys figures figures might as well come with a kitchen sink.

To say the least, some of their figures are a bit overstocked on gear. But then again, nothing says you have to put it all on there. I think these companies realize people want a bunch of new and different stuff to put on their guys and a lot of people don't keep the figure as it was in the box anyway.

·
Black Helo Squad
292 Posts
Hot Toys figures figures might as well come with a kitchen sink.

To say the least, some of their figures are a bit overstocked on gear. But then again, nothing says you have to put it all on there. I think these companies realize people want a bunch of new and different stuff to put on their guys and a lot of people don't keep the figure as it was in the box anyway.
Exactly. Almost all of the modern figures I've seen have been bordering on ridiculous amounts of gear, not that its a bad thing to have extras though :).

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I think even if you removed some of the gear, nobody would have said its wrong since PMC's kit-out can varies alot...You can have a PMC with just a MP-5 or you can have a PMC with a LAW..The freedom is there when it comes to PMC..

Ultimately, remember to have fun bashing!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys , thats good to know. He's now displayed without the backpack and two square shaped pouches on his chest rig.. just a radio w/ headset and second pistol holster.I also got rid of the hat, sunglasses and one of th radios - the hand held icom. I dont understand why he needs 2 radios. He is not using the m429( is that the name of the weapon?) anymore, just the ak47. I like how it looks now.:jump4joy

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
The weapon is M249, commonly known as SAW.. You are right to remove the 2 square shaped pouches off the chest rig cos that is supposed to be the ammo pouch for M249 and so since you not using the M249 SAW, removing its ammo pouch is great attention to details.

From what i know, normally the radio with headset is a tactical comms used for close communication within a fire-team ( or your team-mate ) and as for hand held comm, its normally for longer range comms, can be used for comms with base, HQ or even convoy radio..but i maybe wrong..Hope you have fun!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The weapon is M249, commonly known as SAW.. You are right to remove the 2 square shaped pouches off the chest rig cos that is supposed to be the ammo pouch for M249 and so since you not using the M249 SAW, removing its ammo pouch is great attention to details.

From what i know, normally the radio with headset is a tactical comms used for close communication within a fire-team ( or your team-mate ) and as for hand held comm, its normally for longer range comms, can be used for comms with base, HQ or even convoy radio..but i maybe wrong..Hope you have fun!!
Thats good to know, the handheld com is now used by my cia sog field operator.. I suppose thats the sort of radio they'd use, long range I mean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.