One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Quality time with the kids ?

3K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  Spanner 28 
#1 ·

#2 ·
That might be weird, but i bet her dad's taught her the dangers of weapons, therefore she wont be hosing any of her school chums down with it. But unless she's some kind of undercover agent, why would you teach her to do that at her age??????? America......

#5 ·
Woo HOO! That was awesome. I guess he also taught her how to handle her self around the boys that get a little too close. That would probably scare the boys with less than honorable intentions away for sure.
Good job girl.
She's gonna be quite the keeper when she gets older.

#8 ·
i know what you mean. but my opinion is that most people should never get in touch with firearms. most people don't need them, and a lot of people aren't responsible enough. hell, i'd go so far as to say that most people aren't responsible enough to drive a car.

why familiarize someone with guns who would never have the need to own one in the first place?

if a responsible adult decides to buy a gun for self-protection, collecting out of interest or shooting for fun, that's fine with me. more than that. but guns just don't belong into children's hands. it makes me sick everytime i see news footage of some middle eastern mob with small kids holding AKs.

#11 ·
No-one needs a weapon, only those that have weapons aimed at them would need them, and even then they're not nessesary.
That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read!!:rolleyes

So its in the imendment/emendment, doesnt mean kids should be exposed, this is just wrong.
The word would be amendment and that right to bear arms has been upheld by the US Supreme Court and we choose to excercise that right. :ar15

#12 ·
im not saying you cant exercise that right, just dont bring kids into it in the way the guy in the vid has.

And the ammendment doesnt actually say you can or cannot have guns, for all you know it means that you can have a pair of stuffed Bear's arms in your living room!! Its not clear!!

#13 ·
And the ammendment doesnt actually say you can or cannot have guns, for all you know it means that you can have a pair of stuffed Bear's arms in your living room!! Its not clear!!
OMG!!!:brickwall
It's futile to discuss this further with someone who doesn't have the rights we do here in the USA.

#14 ·
Guys, guys, I didn't mean for this to get into a firearms debate. Countries have their own laws concerning it, and individuals have their own (albeit passionate) ideas about it as well. There is no sense in debating (at least in this space) the joys or evils of such.

I just meant to show this in good fun, being impressed that this kid can field strip, reassemble, and function check the AR in a minute as much as I would have been impressed with her climbing a mountain, wrenching on a car, or trading stocks.

She may as well know her way around firearms (for hunting or otherwise) since they're likely present in the house. However, kids wielding firearms (even sans ammo) may be a bit of a lightning rod though, so I may just kill this thread shortly for the sake of peace, love, harmony, and all that jazz.

:)

#16 ·

BEAR ARMS \o/

And you all say it yourself "the RIGHT" not "the OBLIGATION".....so just because you can do something doesnt mean you have to, should or need to. Its a freedom.
I like guns, id probably own a dozen, but would i let my kids play/toy around with them? No at least not until they are old enough.
Doing something just because you can is really retarded, but like Grizzer said, its a futile discussion because everyone will stand his ground and wont be able to be reasoned with.

#17 ·
Please don't kill this thread Ronin.

And Paladin, don't use the term retarded in a derogatory fashion. Mentally retarded people didn't choose to be that way. They're dealing with a handicap, and for the most part are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

One more thing. Without getting all riled up (I am a gun owner and I like the video clip), this really points up the difference between a subject and a citizen.

#18 ·
If you wanna be all politically correct you should say mentally handicapped or challenged. And not mentally retarded. Retarded is a derogatory word so i used it that way. No offense.
But if you like pretend i said "really dumb" instead of "really retarded".

#31 ·
You don't know me, so you don't know how polically correct I am or am not. But I think that by reading my posts you will find that I am well spoken and insightful, not given to histrionics or making insults.

Why not just say really dumb then? Instead of insulting a group of people who aren't. Retarded is only a derogatory word if you use it as one, as you did. And honestly, I believe that you did mean to offend.

I'm not hijacking this thread, and I feel that you don't want to listen to reason, so I'll end this here. Just think before you speak/post.

And to stay on task here; you go McKenzie. I enjoy taking my younger daughter shooting. She also enjoys archery and recently, fencing. No punk will take advantage of her, either. Not just because she participates in these activities, but because of the self discipline needed and self confidence that the participation requires and engenders.

And Fred, the 2nd Ammendment is not obsolete.

#19 ·
When my wife worked with them, they used the term "developmentally disabled". But that was nearly a decade ago. Might use the term developmentally challenged these days. Dunno.

Back to the topic, I just learned this same young lady in the video above, with a G-19, attended a "Fighting Pistol" course in Vegas just last February.
So I hope knowing little McKenzie here has the proper training and mindset will freak people out a little less. :)

Attachments

#21 ·
I believe the responsibility lies more in understanding and proper usage if you're going to own one. Just as with cars, it's the driver's obligation to be licensed, insured and know how to safely operate one.

I'm confident Ashton's comment was meant more as a joke rather that something to take too seriously.

#23 ·
I believe the responsibility lies more in understanding and proper usage if you're going to own one. Just as with cars, it's the driver's obligation to be licensed, insured and know how to safely operate one.
that pretty much nailed it. :agree but as with cars (or driving, rather), i think there should be age restriction on gun ownership. i know there are in my country (you have to be 18 to be able to get a licence), i have no idea about the situation in the USA. are there any such laws?

I'm confident Ashton's comment was meant more as a joke rather that something to take too seriously.
it was the part about the "great men who founded this country" that made me think it was serious.

#25 ·
I can't speak for other states, but for California 18+ for long guns, 21+ for handguns, except for supervised loans (lawful owner is present) of firearms or for limited lawful activities (like hunting, training, or video demos).

#34 ·
ok so most girls her age are still playing with dolls.:think
(see what I did there) I used some irony to point out that this a forum about
"action figures".
Just having some fun. The fact that she has a healthy interest in guns is good. For the safety of her and others. Maybe she'll join an elite fighting force. Maybe not. However her dad is taking an interest in her and they are bonding which is great.

#35 ·
I have to agree with Clown fart.The girl has an interest and is bonding with her father in a way they obviously both enjoy.As far as gun laws in the U.S. I believe it is pretty much a federally controlled age limit, 18 for long guns and 21 for hand guns.States have different laws concerning who can carry what and for what purpose.As far as the 2nd amendment being obsolete that's like saying no-one but cops should have guns.Sorry but maybe in a perfect world with no crime and no corruption that might be true.As far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to own a weapon that is of legal age and has no criminal history has that right in the U.S. I personally have a concealed carry license,sorry but the poloice can't be everywhere they're needed all the time.It is our right to be able to protect ourselves and our loved ones/family .Before you start going off about being a cowboy carrying a gun let me just say I have been shooting since I was about 4 or 5 years old .I always had an adult around either helping or watching and was taught a lot of respect for firearms as well as how and when to use them.People complained when states started passing concealed carry laws but if you check the statistics, crime especially violent crime the rates have gone down in everyone of those states.No telling for a criminal just how many people have decided to exercise their rights and carry a weapon.Makes them think twice about committing a crime.

#36 ·
I find it interesting the divide between the Americans posting on this topic and the other nationalities. The right to own weapons is a really big deal here in the USA and a hot button topic. I'm a retired police officer and I have several guns in the house. While they are all locked in safes, I still have taught each and every one of my children gun safety at around age six. I do not want guns to be a taboo topic for them, or something that holds the allure of the unknown. That can lead to tragedy. So while I have not taught my kids how to field strip my weapons, I have taught them how to respect them and to know what guns are capable of. The child in the video was obviously being supervised by an adult. So I don't see the harm.

#37 ·
As much as it pains me to do so, it's my bounden duty as an admin, to give everyone involved in this thread a Time Out. Don't think we have an exact specific match to our simple general rules, so I'm going with Conspiracy To Incite Discord. In the cases of grizzerr and Ronin-Six, the fact that you are both admins here means the penalties must been even sharper.

Ironically, this leaves me not so much king, as ruthless despot of OSW. Those of you who possess firearms, please be so kind as to turn them over to the henchmen I will send out to collect taxes....
The rest of you shall languish until such time as it is deemed you are once again fit to carry on civil discussions.

Shortly thereafter

Upon thinking the matter over, I've decided that the more heavily-armed of you may retain your weapons, as I have been losing henchmen......

........particularly heavy loses when my knaves attempted to arrest the scofflaw Steve O.

The Next Day

It seems that Colorado is also a bad choice of territories to attempt conquest in......

Soon after that

Note to m'self: pass law against arming the commoners.....

#39 ·
Lisa: The second amendment is just a remnant from revolutionary periods, it has no real meaning today

Homer: You couldn't be more wrong Lisa. If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya?
i think that pretty much sums it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.