One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
That might be weird, but i bet her dad's taught her the dangers of weapons, therefore she wont be hosing any of her school chums down with it. But unless she's some kind of undercover agent, why would you teach her to do that at her age??????? America......

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
Woo HOO! That was awesome. I guess he also taught her how to handle her self around the boys that get a little too close. That would probably scare the boys with less than honorable intentions away for sure.
Good job girl.
She's gonna be quite the keeper when she gets older.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Because we CAN is actually why we SHOULD.
Firearms familiarization and training with our young people helps to dispel the stigma, curiosity surrounding them.

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
Because we CAN is actually why we SHOULD.
Firearms familiarization and training with our young people helps to dispel the stigma, curiosity surrounding them.
i know what you mean. but my opinion is that most people should never get in touch with firearms. most people don't need them, and a lot of people aren't responsible enough. hell, i'd go so far as to say that most people aren't responsible enough to drive a car.

why familiarize someone with guns who would never have the need to own one in the first place?

if a responsible adult decides to buy a gun for self-protection, collecting out of interest or shooting for fun, that's fine with me. more than that. but guns just don't belong into children's hands. it makes me sick everytime i see news footage of some middle eastern mob with small kids holding AKs.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD
It's actually our responsibility as Americans to own and understand the proper usage of firearms. If we don't live up to that duty---we're letting the great men who founded this country down.

The younger the better.

And I bet she won't have any trouble w/ a punk ass little boyfriend trying to slap her around.

·
2,235 Posts
i know what you mean. but my opinion is that most people should never get in touch with firearms. most people don't need them, and a lot of people aren't responsible enough. hell, i'd go so far as to say that most people aren't responsible enough to drive a car.

why familiarize someone with guns who would never have the need to own one in the first place?

if a responsible adult decides to buy a gun for self-protection, collecting out of interest or shooting for fun, that's fine with me. more than that. but guns just don't belong into children's hands. it makes me sick everytime i see news footage of some middle eastern mob with small kids holding AKs.
Exactly my point.
Using their excuse, we should all feed are kid crakc and heroin so the 'stigma' is removed.
As for it being an American's 'duty' to have firearms, thats just bollocks. No-one needs a weapon, only those that have weapons aimed at them would need them, and even then they're not nessesary. So its in the imendment/emendment, doesnt mean kids should be exposed, this is just wrong. If you want to show kids the respect firearms need, just type gunshot into goolge with the filter off, they dont need to know how to fieldstirp assault rifles.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
No-one needs a weapon, only those that have weapons aimed at them would need them, and even then they're not nessesary.
That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read!!:rolleyes

So its in the imendment/emendment, doesnt mean kids should be exposed, this is just wrong.
The word would be amendment and that right to bear arms has been upheld by the US Supreme Court and we choose to excercise that right. :ar15

·
2,235 Posts
im not saying you cant exercise that right, just dont bring kids into it in the way the guy in the vid has.

And the ammendment doesnt actually say you can or cannot have guns, for all you know it means that you can have a pair of stuffed Bear's arms in your living room!! Its not clear!!

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
And the ammendment doesnt actually say you can or cannot have guns, for all you know it means that you can have a pair of stuffed Bear's arms in your living room!! Its not clear!!
OMG!!!:brickwall
It's futile to discuss this further with someone who doesn't have the rights we do here in the USA.

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, guys, I didn't mean for this to get into a firearms debate. Countries have their own laws concerning it, and individuals have their own (albeit passionate) ideas about it as well. There is no sense in debating (at least in this space) the joys or evils of such.

I just meant to show this in good fun, being impressed that this kid can field strip, reassemble, and function check the AR in a minute as much as I would have been impressed with her climbing a mountain, wrenching on a car, or trading stocks.

She may as well know her way around firearms (for hunting or otherwise) since they're likely present in the house. However, kids wielding firearms (even sans ammo) may be a bit of a lightning rod though, so I may just kill this thread shortly for the sake of peace, love, harmony, and all that jazz.

:)

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
im not saying you cant exercise that right, just dont bring kids into it in the way the guy in the vid has.

I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk---we're all pals around here...

But that's why you still serve a king.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts

BEAR ARMS \o/

And you all say it yourself "the RIGHT" not "the OBLIGATION".....so just because you can do something doesnt mean you have to, should or need to. Its a freedom.
I like guns, id probably own a dozen, but would i let my kids play/toy around with them? No at least not until they are old enough.
Doing something just because you can is really retarded, but like Grizzer said, its a futile discussion because everyone will stand his ground and wont be able to be reasoned with.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Please don't kill this thread Ronin.

And Paladin, don't use the term retarded in a derogatory fashion. Mentally retarded people didn't choose to be that way. They're dealing with a handicap, and for the most part are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

One more thing. Without getting all riled up (I am a gun owner and I like the video clip), this really points up the difference between a subject and a citizen.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
If you wanna be all politically correct you should say mentally handicapped or challenged. And not mentally retarded. Retarded is a derogatory word so i used it that way. No offense.
But if you like pretend i said "really dumb" instead of "really retarded".

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When my wife worked with them, they used the term "developmentally disabled". But that was nearly a decade ago. Might use the term developmentally challenged these days. Dunno.

Back to the topic, I just learned this same young lady in the video above, with a G-19, attended a "Fighting Pistol" course in Vegas just last February.
So I hope knowing little McKenzie here has the proper training and mindset will freak people out a little less. :)

Attachments

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
i don't mean to offend anyone - and i hope i haven't - or step on any toes. but i do find this discussion interesting on several levels.

It's actually our responsibility as Americans to own and understand the proper usage of firearms. If we don't live up to that duty---we're letting the great men who founded this country down.
why would it be a responsibility? the 2nd amendment allows you to own guns. nothing more, nothing less. it's not a duty. it's the same thing as owning a car. you can but you don't have to.

i have a feeling that many people - americans and foreigners alike - do not realize that the 2nd amendment dates back to the 18th century and was put in place in order to have a militia force at the ready to defend the newly formed USA. by the time the USNG was formed in the early 20th century, the 2nd amendment was technically obsolete.

And I bet she won't have any trouble w/ a punk ass little boyfriend trying to slap her around.
i fail to see any connection between assembling an assault rifle and not letting yourself be pushed around. unless you mean she could just shoot the punk, in which case i'd hope that you're not serious.

Ashton16 said:
But that's why you still serve a king.
i know this wasn't directed at me, but do you realize how offensive and out of touch with reality that just was? the french have abolished their monarchy, yet there's no gun culture to speak of in France. the Swedish still have a King yet they are among the most free, advanced and civilized people today. there is zero connection between private gun ownership and the political system in a country. unless you're talking about 200 years ago...

grizzerr said:
It's futile to discuss this further with someone who doesn't have the rights we do here in the USA.
i hear this frequently, but i'm of the opinion that you don't have to actually live something in order to talk about it. you don't have to have fought in WWII but you can still discuss it, can't you?

apart from that, we probably have the most liberal gun laws in europe and perhaps the second largest gun culture in the world after the USA. i'm all for legal private gun ownership. i have an assault rifle in my closet. does that qualify me to participate in this discussion?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.