One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my TOS Dr McCoy figure the other day... and like Kirk and Spock it's something special. Come a long way from using Action Man football shirts to produce Trek figures in my childhood. Sorry for the number of pics...

Bones 2.jpg
Bones 1.jpg
Bones 5.jpg
Bones 6.jpg
Bones4.jpg
Bones 3.jpg
Double 1.jpg
unholy trio.jpg

I did have an issue though... his medical pouch. Like the phaser and communicator it has a small magnet to allow it to be attached to his torso, trouble is the magnet is so weak as to be useless... so I cheated.
I bent a small section of steel paper binder and glued it to the reverse of the pouch...

pouch1.jpg

This 'clip' slips into the pocket on the front of his trousers...

Pouch2.jpg
Pouch3.jpg

The figure also comes with a surgical shirt and a black turtle neck undershirt thingy.

McCoy shirt.jpg

Now I need a spare pair of trousers and boots to create a new unseen doctor character lol

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For Kirk and Spock I had the cash handy at that time, but McCoy came about because I was fed up waiting for the 3A comic version of Judge Dredd to come out. I had used a payment plan and just asked for that to be used for McCoy and hey presto.
I order these from a UK seller called Planet Action Figures and they offer fantastic prices and payment plans... always a good thing.

No doubt when Sulu is announced (and/or Scotty) I'll start another payment plan for that/them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
For Kirk and Spock I had the cash handy at that time, but McCoy came about because I was fed up waiting for the 3A comic version of Judge Dredd to come out. I had used a payment plan and just asked for that to be used for McCoy and hey presto.
I order these from a UK seller called Planet Action Figures and they offer fantastic prices and payment plans... always a good thing.

No doubt when Sulu is announced (and/or Scotty) I'll start another payment plan for that/them.
Sounds good... unfortunately for me I have Purple Coat Joker and Wonder Woman on PO already, and would love the ThreeA Dredd myself...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think if I hadn't been going away on holiday I would have pre-ordered Bones AND Dredd... and the new VTS Dredd (which isn't scheduled to appear before January, so I won't bother pre-ordering just now. 'Tis silly)... I'm just glad I don't collect Marvel or DC - I'd be bankrupt lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts