One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I preordered 2 figures from a certain 'powerpoints' and 'price matching' UK based online retailer (kotobukiya war machine and hot toys tony stark) and both were in stock mid december but obviously since the christmas holidays they closed for the last 3rd of december and resumed business as normal beginning of january.

I understood that due to busy time of year and closing for xmas holiday period my items likely wouldnt be sent till begining of this month so i left it until after first week of jan ended to contact them for update and they said there was a backlog and my items would be sent in a few days. After another week the same answer. As of begining of last week they said my items would be here by the end of that week. Its now nearing the end of january and still nowt, not even a shipping notice.

First world problems i know, but its bad business. I pre-ordered my items so i could get them early but it seems the seller is taking the piss. Almost 1 and a half months since they got stock and they still havent posted? I never have had this issue with collectable kitbash who ship immediately (got my dam toys glint figure earlier than i even expected, thanks collectable kitbash !) so my question is does anyone know whats going on with that 'powerpoints' company? Anyone else had these issues?

EDIT:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/14/mothers-basement-owes-over-32000-to-customers-so-far/
looks like its getting serious.... on the fb page today we were informed there is a police investigation underway and things are moving forward.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: Problem with etailer regarding 1:6 figure puchases

I have personally never done a pre order, this sort of thing worries me. Suffice to say you probably won't be dealing with them again? Hope it works out for you soon. :goodluck

·
Registered
545 Posts

so my question is does anyone know whats going on with that 'powerpoints' company? Anyone else had these issues?
No one knows exactly what's going on with them, just conjecture. And yes, quite a few other people are having these issues.

At this point, you should just begin proceedings to get your money back from whoever you made the payment with, PayPal, credit card, etc.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

i think they got your money for xmas presents :goodluck

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts

You know there is no love lost between THAT company and I... not because I've even been a customer of theirs, but because of the way they conduct their business trying to muscle out all of the other established retailers by openly offering to undercut them.. those tactics belong in the supermarket trade, not small family businesses who need every penny they make.

I feel your pain, but I predict another 6 months and THAT company won't be around any more. It doesn't matter how much advertising you ram down peoples throats, or what new gimmick you offer, ultimately, even on a global scale, this hobby is a tight community and word has got around to steer clear!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

You know there is no love lost between THAT company and I... not because I've even been a customer of theirs, but because of the way they conduct their business trying to muscle out all of the other established retailers by openly offering to undercut them.. those tactics belong in the supermarket trade, not small family businesses who need every penny they make.

I feel your pain, but I predict another 6 months and THAT company won't be around any more. It doesn't matter how much advertising you ram down peoples throats, or what new gimmick you offer, ultimately, even on a global scale, this hobby is a tight community and word has got around to steer clear!
The points thing is amusing because you're just paying for it in the price anyways. The price beat thing is quite common in brick and mortar retail over here with the slow down and all the large retailers switching gears to ecommerce but its just killed everyone's profitability, zero sum game that.

Unfortunately a lot of guys try to market themselves with everything...free shipping, price matches, points, etc. In the end they usually end up with an inflated price tag with an even more inflated MSRP to falsely inflate their savings and to cover all the gimmicks, which forces that price beat tactic. I take it the UK doesn't have an active Hot Toys distributor? I know a lot of the guys there were sourcing product from elsewhere. Over here Sideshow would cut you off for that. Reliability and good service trump the gimmicks in the end.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I've no idea who the company is your alluding to.

Name and shame I say!
A company that operates out of their mothers basement if you get my drift

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,928 Posts

The flip side to this type of situation is . . . generally speaking . . . is the hobby community bringing such poor business practices upon itself due to high strung demands and expectations of the hobby given the price points where we're at nowadays?

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The flip side to this type of situation is . . . generally speaking . . . is the hobby community bringing such poor business practices upon itself due to high strung demands and expectations of the hobby given the price points where we're at nowadays?
If you have paid for goods and they are in stock its not high demand or expectations to have the items shipped within a reasonable time frame. Plenty businesses manage fine, so theres no excuse for not shipping items 1 and 1/2 months after they arrived in stock (supposedly)

·
12,928 Posts

What's the name of this retailer?

Granted, I reside in the US. I ask out of curiosity. I have a few blokes in the UK who are my good mates (friends).

·
12,928 Posts

OH, DAMN . . .

I figured it out.

I feel silly/stupid.

DOH!

For the record, I used Bing instead of Google.

·
Registered
274 Posts

pre-orders don't usually guarantee a set delivery date

its the chain that goes from manufacturer postal service to dealer to postal service to receiver

again, pre-orders don't mean in-stock (ready to ship)

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts

did you check with the post office? also have you dealt with the etailer before?

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

did you check with the post office? also have you dealt with the etailer before?
in answer to your question, the seller actually states it hasn't been sent, they say 'in a few days, once the items are posted you will be notified by email and phone' then nothing happens and each time i get back to them they apologise and they will send in a few days yadda yadda

@Deadshot Daquiri:

as i said in my initial post, both items arrived in stock at the retailer in december.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts

as i said in my initial post, both items arrived in stock at the retailer in December
Not to be rude but how do you know this to be true? Did someone you know personally see them there?

Cause if they are lying to you now, who is to say they actually had them, and if they did, how do you know how many they received? It might have only been one each :think

Time to get your money back and look else where :knock

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Not to be rude but how do you know this to be true? Did someone you know personally see them there?

Cause if they are lying to you now, who is to say they actually had them, and if they did, how do you know how many they received? It might have only been one each :think

Time to get your money back and look else where :knock
Yes indeed, i have been under the impression the stalling is due to them overselling and awaiting restock, however last time i checked (couple days ago) the war machine has been in stock on the site as available. The stark isnt there any more so they might not have it. They responded to me again today, they said that it has been crazy and they are backlogged and are trying to get items sent out and mine will be sent in a few days etc. as you can imagine my response was less than favorable

1 - 20 of 82 Posts