One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,been a long time since I posted anything,and this has something to do with it.:cry Over the years I have noticed more and more how my figures are having coulour changes to there hands,there turning pink !! It was bad enough having the bare hands and arms not match the head sculpt in flesh tone,but now the hands don`t match the arms or the sculpt on a lot of my figures.Yes I could paint them,but I do tend to pose and play with my figures rather alot,the paint wont stay there I don`t think.Will all manufacturers figures suffer from this ? I take it it`s something to do with the oils used in the plastic ? Are some figures going to keep better than others,surely I am not the only one suffering with this,has anbody any solutions ? Please help,I can`t have all my figures in long sleeves and gloves !!!

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
painting is always an option. But, to keep the paint from chipping too badly if you want to play with the figures is to put dullcote (or some other flat sealer) on the item first, and the paint is more durable (it works well especially on TT hands). After its painted, put another coat of sealer to hold it together even better. Headsculpts dont need a basecoat of sealer, they tend to held pretty well.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
What hands are these Chippy? DML neos? I haven't seen any changes in any of mine that I know of but I'll keep an eye out. You might be able to change their colour with some sort of dye/fader and a boiling soak.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have more DML figures than any other,and they do seem more prone to it,I`ll try and remember to post some photos up,to give you an idea.Glad to see your still around Saiko.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It seems there is a question with my lighting,let me explain.I brought the figures with what I thought had the pink couloured hands, out of my hobby room,wich has a large daylight balanced bulb as the main light,very oddly when I brought them to a room with standard bulbs,they looked o.k ? I waited till the next day,as this was in the evening,and to look at them in natural day light,and ...well look at the photos,it`s no where near as bad as it looked in my hobby room :D .What I find odd,is I always thought we compensated for different light sources,so that you always see coulours fairly correctly even if there not,even under artificial light.I can only think this coulour casting is something to do with U.V or what ever that bulb emits ? I will look at my other figures who I believe have suffered this,just to make sure.

Not so pink in natural daylight

but under the day light bulb... they are

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.