One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya again,,newbie needs some help.Did a test run on plain paper,the camo ,the actual colour came out right,, and the scale, but How does one make a whole sheet a seemless pattern??????
My test sheet showed distinctive 2x2 blocks.
How do i resolve this? Is there a program or what,,,i am puzzled.

Can anyone help out a fellla,,,

Cheers
What is your favourite Colour??

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
I think the only way you can make a seamless pattern is to create a large sample pattern. Image editing program can only copy your pattern over and over again - and this is why you see blocks. One way to get around is to rotate your pattern and then manually connect sides - though I guess it all depends on which pattern you doing. I tried it with ACUs and it kind of worked, but was a lot of manual hassle and since no way I knew I can sell it, I droped the idea...

Ideally, if you can find a huge chunk of camo pattern, scan it and then redraw...

Alexei

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
If you have a digital camera some of the software includes a merging facility for making big panoramas from several pictures.

For example, I use a Canon and it has something called "Photostitch" which I've used for creating a large block of cobblestones for printing.

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Actually you can do it in Adobe Photo Shop. You just need to match the edges then you can erase the line.
This is similar to what I said, though you would still end up with rather repeatative pattern (thought I guess it all depends on how big your original sample). Also deleting edges and redrawing camo for something like ACU is very time consuming - this was the thing that prevented me from making a large sample of my own ACUs. I think I will simply buy several feet of ACU fabric, make pictures of it, stitch it together and then redraw it - I think 6''by6'' square of 1/6 scaled pattern should be enough for pretty much all the needs (well not for 1 piece flight suit, but enough for jacket, pants, vests and pouches)

Alexei

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
This is similar to what I said, though you would still end up with rather repeatative pattern (thought I guess it all depends on how big your original sample). Also deleting edges and redrawing camo for something like ACU is very time consuming - this was the thing that prevented me from making a large sample of my own ACUs. I think I will simply buy several feet of ACU fabric, make pictures of it, stitch it together and then redraw it - I think 6''by6'' square of 1/6 scaled pattern should be enough for pretty much all the needs (well not for 1 piece flight suit, but enough for jacket, pants, vests and pouches)

Alexei
You know Alexei you should ask the mods to start a new forum called, "Ask Alexei", because you know everything.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
I make a single sheet, and edit the ends as close together as I could. I then placed a fe of them side by side, and continue editing until I get the pattern correctly made. once it's done, I tile it, check if it fits, and if it doesn't, I continue the sam process until I get it right. most patterns I've made are seamless. I don't bahve photoshop. Im doing all this on MS paint.

Tile this, SS plaetree 1/2 fall, completley seamless.

and this, custom Urban camo, also seamless.

Each of these took me about 30 to 45 min to finish, and it's rather simple if you do it right.

*edit- the urban camo has a slight seam, but when tiled, it's not too noticable.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Soldat,,, by chance do you have a example of ERDL or a Tiger pattern just so I can see what the end product looks like??

Cheers
i need a picture of what you mean. I have no idea what those patterns are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.