One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing teh internetz when I saw the Mass Effect Titans vinyl figure collection unboxing and some of the heads caught my eye. They look to be about 1:6 scale and a few are actually usable (others are too cartoony or the wrong size though) so I suspect that the good ones, with some better paint, might make for good headsculpts on custom Mass Effect figures.

There are also sets for Ghostbusters (those ones were all too cartoony imo), Doctor Who, Hannibal (good source of Galen Erso heads perhaps?), Dragon Age, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Sherlock.

See vids for details:

Mass Effect The Normandy Collection Titans Vinyl Full Case Unboxing - YouTube

Hannibal The Apertif Collection Titans Vinyl Full Case Unboxing - YouTube

Dragon Age Heroes Of Thedas Titans Vinyl Figures Full Case Unboxing - YouTube

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Welcome To The Hellmouth Collection Titans Vinyl Full Case Unboxing - YouTube

Sherlock The Baker Street Collection Titans Vinyl Full Case Unboxing - YouTube

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I wish the Buffy set looked a bit better.

I've been binge watching that series in recent weeks (months) and would love to build some nice figures. Alas, I don't think these examples will work for me.

·
1:6 Scale Producer
776 Posts
just imagine some of the heads repainted and on a 1:6 body....
Yes, it's nice & quality commercial product! For "adventure" banch of 1/6 Scale market I think. HS for military style figures it is handmade blank sculpt of your own manufacture IMO. Thank you for a thread.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just receive Liara and comparing to a Takara cool girl head it is 1:6, while the Cerberus trooper helmet, while narrow, is pretty much the same size in other dimensions to the Threezero Shepard helmet so looks to be a (tight fitting) 1:6 helmet.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I see the potential there. I will stick to me own head sculpts but it would be nice to see more options for ME weapons. I wanted to offer ME head casts but there was no way I could do anything with bodies and only two or three ME aliens have human like bodies the rest are very odd shaped. I thought it would be cool to do male and female head sculpt versions of the ME aliens even though not many of the females are shown in the games.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I see the potential there. I will stick to me own head sculpts but it would be nice to see more options for ME weapons. I wanted to offer ME head casts but there was no way I could do anything with bodies and only two or three ME aliens have human like bodies the rest are very odd shaped. I thought it would be cool to do male and female head sculpt versions of the ME aliens even though not many of the females are shown in the games.
I wish more of your stuff was mass produced full stop! you do the best stuff around!

Maybe if you get in touch with greenwolfgear perhaps you could... I would buy any figures you sculpt :)

for now though, these Titan Vinyl's heads are a source for cheap and easy 1:6 character heads that are so far lacking in 1:6

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.