One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
Hi lads,

I've got troubles to post in Shop & Trade. Need some help here :).
--

You're not going to receive any help or exception. You don't have enough posts.

If you joined this group to solely post and sell your 1:6 $%&*, then please leave.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
Ouch! Wow. I been here for months and I dont post much either but I do read all the threads...now I know never to try. You guys are a tad harsh. Maybe there is good reasons, but....

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
Ouch! Wow. I been here for months and I dont post much either but I do read all the threads...now I know never to try. You guys are a tad harsh. Maybe there is good reasons, but....
--

The place is like an old west saloon.

A city slicker walks in and demands a glass of milk?

Don't think so.

Know your audience/environment.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
I guess I don’t notice the “city slickers.” There a lot of folks that probably don’t past too often. I just post when the topic, uniforms, techniques, or questions are of greatest interest to me, and even then, I might be just too wiped out from work to leave a post. Or when something is visually extremely outstanding I may say something, but I didn’t think anyone keeps track of how frequently someone posts or not. By the way I seldom see anything for sale or trade in that other section, and just figured no one did it. So that guy’s post didn’t sound bad to me. I suppose someone can look up how many times someone posts, but that’s not going to be me.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,080 Posts

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
Have a question. IThis thread got me wondering about just how many posts
I have...just tried tO find that out by going into my profile. I think I have made something like 42 posts since joining many months ago, but I can’t find a way to find that info listed. I am not sure how find every single thread I have posted in and count the posts.

Also, where are the new rules posted about “ not having enough posts.”

By the way, my “contributions” have often been helpful. My expertise is in materials, process and applications. Occasional historical research. Don’t lump us all in together as bad people.

·
Registered
840 Posts
As a business person, I'd find avenues that are favourable to my purpose, and eliminate those that are not. That is the game plan across the board. Unless the hard-baller you face is needed in your purpose, otherwise it would be a non-issue.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
Well I been here over a year and have 84 posts. I don’t understand why I would be restricted from parts of this website. Can someone show me where these rules about restrictions are located? Recently, someone posted about finding a way to not sell on eBay, but sell here. I was interested in reading the thread, but was “restricted.” Which really surprised me, as I never been restricted before.

Thanks Shazzdan. Never noticed that info before. I was searching “My Profile” with no success. Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask. I don’t know where to ask.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Too bad you're not allowed to post your items in this section. I've successfully bought a nice figure from this section that I otherwise would have missed out on. I don't think the seller had as much time or posts here as you do. I'm not sure if he tried posting in the proper area or not. I would have never noticed his stuff or anyone else's cause I never find myself venturing there. I probably would have visited that section a long time ago but from what I hear this forum doesn't have near the activity it used to.

·
Unifetish
122 Posts
Too bad you're not allowed to post your items in this section. I've successfully bought a nice figure from this section that I otherwise would have missed out on. I don't think the seller had as much time or posts here as you do. I'm not sure if he tried posting in the proper area or not. I would have never noticed his stuff or anyone else's cause I never find myself venturing there. I probably would have visited that section a long time ago but from what I hear this forum doesn't have near the activity it used to.
Well that's the irony of it, Joe. I wasn't even interested in selling, or buying at this time. I just got the email notification, and it sounded interesting, and I wanted to read it. I hope some admin see this and can chime in.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,080 Posts
Well I been here over a year and have 84 posts. I don't understand why I would be restricted from parts of this website. Can someone show me where these rules about restrictions are located? Recently, someone posted about finding a way to not sell on eBay, but sell here. I was interested in reading the thread, but was "restricted." Which really surprised me, as I never been restricted before.

Thanks Shazzdan. Never noticed that info before. I was searching "My Profile" with no success. Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask. I don't know where to ask.
Buying isn't an issue. If fact, getting posts up by being active as a buyer will also help to be able to sell if you are replying to sales threads. So is getting the trade/sale feedback as well.

As far as being locked out, one of the admins should be able to sort that out if you are wanting to sell, as you have been here for a while, and have a decent number of posts.

The Original Poster of this thread is going to need some more posts and time to be able to participate in selling here. Old rules that became tried and true. It weeds out the less genuine sellers from the hobbyists here on OSW.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,080 Posts
It keeps the Main Discussion are free to be about the figures, and the sales are just to the sales section. Less clutter to sift through.

It's true, the site was a lot more active than it is now, so there is less exposure if you aren't watching or visiting much. Sales were a lot more active as well, but that's the way it goes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts