One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Tash
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks to me like a Diemaco or type of M4 ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not in the least disrespectful. If anything it pays honor to the men and women serving in our military and law enforcement services who are the ones who stand up and actually fight and put down the human excrement and vermin that perpetrate such vile and heinous acts as on Tuesday night in Manchester. Time to stop the touch-feely, PC sensitivity and fight these cowards.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,909 Posts
Definitely SAS - nice load out on him too. Whilst the actual event is sensitive, it's not disrespectful. We shared pics of the Belgian armed forces after that incident. It is as above, and a tribute to those keeping us safe

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Not in the least disrespectful. If anything it pays honor to the men and women serving in our military and law enforcement services who are the ones who stand up and actually fight and put down the human excrement and vermin that perpetrate such vile and heinous acts as on Tuesday night in Manchester. Time to stop the touch-feely, PC sensitivity and fight these cowards.
He means disrespectful to the people that died, not the soldiers. As in people get blown up and the next day you're talking about how interesting the guns carried at the scene were.

I'm not sure the post was disrespectful in the context of this board, though I sure as hell wouldn't bring up the topic standing next to the family of a victim.

However, I would love to know how you think this post is helping "fight" terrorists. That is really interesting to me!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would guess that yes that is SAS, and, although my interests aren't in the area of western weaponry, that looks a lot like a Mk18 SOCOM rifle in that operator's hands.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Not sure if it is too soon to start looking at their gear on a hobby forum - possibly disrespectful? What do others think?
I actually live in Manchester, and don't find this disrespectful - although related to the bombing, it's not directly referencing it I suppose.

·
1/6 Hoarder
1,363 Posts
Not sure if it is too soon to start looking at their gear on a hobby forum - possibly disrespectful? What do others think?
First off, I have no problem with this thread. As someone mentioned already, similar threads have been posted in the past. Even if I were to be offended it would be minimally.

I definitely see how it can be construed as disrespectful to the event/victims. I think everyone should recognize that and proceed on these types of threads carefully. There is more to honor and be mindful of in these events than just the military or law enforcement response.

We all honor those who serve here obviously. No one is arguing that. So a thread like this would attempt to separate the incident from whatever tactical response occurs but I admit it is kind of bizarre at times especially when not that much time has passed.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nope, not disrespectful at all.
This is a hobby forum after all and we all should be mature enough to separate subjects of discussion with regards to the recent tragedy in Manchester.

The conflicts in Afghanistan, Iraq and other places are still currently being fought, people are still dying and yet we regularly discuss the latest modern 1:6 figures and its 1:1 counterparts- this thread is no different.

·
Addict
143 Posts
I agree with everyone above, posting images like this isn't disrespectful.

This image & others are all over the media.

Ballistic vest Machine gun Air gun Military person Military uniform

I'd like that backpack in 1/6 :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Is it also possible he's SBS?:wink
They do perform many combined counter terrorism ops and they're often equipped with M4 carbine variants.

One thing is for sure though- this commando is lightly loaded compared to U.S. police facing unarmed protesters...:tiptoe:whistle:lol

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
It's about "context".

I don't believe the OP was "disrespectful" with the picture and question posted, but then again . . . some may post/say the "timing" was "lousy"?

Who knows?

Discretion is the better part of valor . . . not that most even know how to exercise discretion let alone comprehend the context, but I digress.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I still recall a recent event that mirrored the core of this thread: The Russian invasion of Crimea

A sovereign land was illegally annexed by the Russians, civilians and soldiers alike died in the fighting, but it didn't take long before we're all talking about Russian commandos/paras/ Spetsnaz and their gear loadouts in relation to the 1:6 hobby.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
I still recall a recent event that mirrored the core of this thread: The Russian invasion of Crimea

A sovereign land was illegally annexed by the Russians, civilians and soldiers alike died in the fighting, but it didn't take long before we're all talking about Russian commandos/paras/ Spetsnaz and their gear loadouts in relation to the 1:6 hobby.
--

True that.

Again, it's about "context"; however, "timing" tends to be lousy I guess.

·
its time to musk up...
1,023 Posts
Dont see it as poor taste in this context.
I wonder if their could be an argument that some shots showing current soldiers and/or their kit loadout could compromise their safety or missions in any way?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts