One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted these on The Sandbox Facebook page. It looks like Target is going to carry 1/6 Elite Force figures in a "Wild Adventure" line; meaning a Duck Hunter, Deer Hunter, Fisherman, etc...

I said "possible" because there's some question as to whether these are 12" or 10" and they were listed as 1/10th scale on the site. If these are 1/6, it's a unique addition to the hobby. Nice bash fodder too.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
If they are 1/6 they'll probably be on the el cheapo solid torso version of the G1 that the last Elite Force figures were released on.

CHEERS!

·
Ranger
1,151 Posts
Nice even if they are 1/10. I could use more accessories for my hunters. If they are 1/6, they'll be a nice addition. I could see these doing well by capitalizing on the Duck Dynasty craze. At first I thought they looked like Lanard, but after looking again, I can see the BBI features. Sort of like the later releases when they tried mass producing Elite Force.

Anyway, I really hope these get done.

Rick

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Nice looking figures - we'll never see them over here in the UK unfortunately, shame as I'd really like all of those.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I really hope these are 1/6th scale. Over time I have built a small cadre of hunters using figures and parts from the old Ertl line. I would like to get these since they should be affordable if mass produced.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How would 1/10 translate for using the figures for teens or smaller type troops? I would think that the smaller figs could be used for VC or Hitler youth as well as civilians. Interesting and I will keep an eye out for these.

Jeff (Geppetto):thumb

·
Registered
214 Posts
If those are 1/10, they're the most detailed figures I've ever seen in that scale. They look 1/6.

EDIT: According to the site, they're 13.0" H x 2.5" W x 7.6" L.

EDIT #2: Just hit post 100. W00t!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
It won't last.

As soon as MAEDT (mothers against every damn thing) get finished, they'll be pulled from shelves.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Not bad.
Even if they're 1/10 scale I can definitely use these for bashes.
The body is not much of an issue if only used for limited poses, I wouldn't expect a SS or HT quality from a cheap line.

But I agree these bodies are useful for Hitler Youth troops, VC, Japanese, civilians or even regular troops.:agree

Yes, there are 5'5" Navy SEALs and SFs running around out there!

Boy, I'm sure the X-Acto Blade commandos are waiting for these to hit the shelves.:chainsaw
Before you pick up one of these at Target, watch out! Expect to see missing pistols, binoculars, scopes, sunglasses etc... from the box!:doh

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
The Target closest to my home closed a few months ago.

I'll check out the other ones (further away) and see if they made it to my area. If so, I'll buy one (or two) and report on them.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I'm assuming these aren't physically in the stores yet or somebody would have already posted in actual possession. Given that there are nearly 2000 Target stores across the US it probably won't take very long for someone to post once they hit the store shelves. Target's web site has "out of stock," which probably means "not in stock yet." On the other hand Black Friday and the Christmas rush means they'd want these to be on the actual shelf pretty soon.

Prices of $18 for the basic and $23 for the one with the dog seem consistent with 1/6 figures (comparable to Power Team in the Big Lots). Web site says 1/10 scale but the given box dimensions imply 1/6 scale. Since advertising screws up Scale almost on a regular basis, while box dimensions are usually an accurate actual measurement, I'm optimistic.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
i really hope those of us in uk can get them.
I hate it that all these retailers like Target and Wal-Mart who have aggressive online sales don't allow any international orders. I'm in Canada myself and we have lots of physical Wal-Marts and Targets but those stores likely won't get the US exclusives, nor can we use the "ship to store" option from the US to our stores, and there's no Target Canada online, and we can't buy from Target US online. Even worse with Super-Hero stuff etc they would at least turn up to be resold marked-up at our Toy Shows but it probably won't happen with these and there's just E-Bay.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I called Target Canada about these to see if there was any way to order from the US Target through a Canadian store, and there still isn't, but the good news is that <supposedly> these will also be available in the Canadian stores.

Their system doesn't show that any Canadian stores have received stock yet, but the Wild Adventures item is in their data system (apparently wth a different stock number than in the US) and stock is expected. No way to know when, but I would hope they're trying to get them here pre-holidays.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts