One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,580 Posts
My experience says no! But it depends on what it's made of. Sometimes it turns things grey and even reddish pink, or it may not do anything at all except make it smell like bleach. If you can lift the sleeve up, cut some residual fabric from the seam, you know, there's usually a millimeter or two of extra that can be trimmed from it. Then bleach those little bits and see what happens.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
depends on the material. some materials will have no effect to bleach.

but in any case, regardless you might never achieve a white color from black cloth. at best it will turn orange. not a good base for a light blue. you might be better off just painting the suit with opaque light blue paint. but of course after it dries it will become rather hard which can either be a good or bad thing depending on how you do it or what look youre going for..

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Ahaha.. I just realized this is linked to your other question.
If the bleach or RIT fast fade don't work, AP's idea of painting it may work.
They make paints specifically for use on fabrics, they cling better and can survive a washing. Several thin coats may yield what you're looking for.

AFAIK, if you're going for the colonial fleet uniform, you don't need to get to light blue, a greyish-blue would work too, IMO, and would be easier to achieve being closer to black.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There is no way a color remover will work on the material the Dylan Hunt uniform is made from. I think the only thing you would achieve is maybe melting the whole thing. The material is basically just plastic so I try painting it with acrylics. I would go over it with white first and then put the blue on top of that. I don't think a paint pen will work at all, but drybrushing acrylics should do the trick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts