One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Pit-bull decided he would battle a Porcupine in back of his house in Southern California.

But being both brave and stupid, he ultimately learned the hard way that he can't always win.

A vet sedated the dog, and then removed a total of 1,347 quills.
The dog survived, and hopefully learned a valuable lesson.
Now tell me you had a bad day!!!

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
OH MY GOD!!!that hurts soo bad!!!

I am getting all tingly from looking at that.

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Yikes. The porcupine must have been bald after that! LOL

"Thousands of quills were embedded even in her tongue," her owner explained. "The vets worked for quite some time to get quills out and even still could not get them all. The one's that are left will work themselves out over time. Inca (actually a Bull Terrier) is home and on antibiotics and pain killers."

In a follow-up post dated July 13, Inca's owner reported that "she is just fine and has just the odd broken bit come out once in awhile. Other than that she is back to her old self."

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
That dog was really lucky if his eyes are still intact.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to tell what he was eh Ronin? I've dealt with quills with my dogs. Vets told me that sometimes a dog just develops a hatred for porcupines and don't care about the consequenses. Sounds like some people I know......

·
Registered
114 Posts
Poor Bull Terrier. I have three myself and I can tell you they are very, very sweet dogs but they are not the smartest. They take everything as a challenge and they feel no pain what-so-ever. Mine have put holes in the wall with their heads and not even felt it. But man are they great dogs! I hope this puppy gets better and learns a lesson but I no that wont happen.

Jayson

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
poor pup... If that happened to my dog first the GF would freak the F### out, then find some way to make it my fault.
Of course its your fault, you could have shaven the porcupine, couldnt you? :banana

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Dogs don't have their own threat manual, they learn from mom and pop, or the hard way. Many years ago, my amigos and I rescued a lost dog who wandered to our fire, out around Moab, Utah. He had a number of quills in his muzzle, and actually let me pull them. The ride back was enlightening, as he had gobbled down half a loaf of bread and a couple of cans of Vienna sausages. There's dog farts, and then there's dog farts...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.