One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from up in the Yukon , this chap is lucky to be alive. The guy survived the bear attack. The bear jumped on him while he was
sleeping in his tent and he managed to get it off of him and shoot it .

One tough camper!

Here's a link to 3 pages of more info here: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_polar_bear_attack.htm (caution: graphic content)

KINDA MAKES YA WANT TO STAY AT HOME AND HIDE UNDER THE BED, EH?

·
Registered
158 Posts
There's an email going around with the same title and it's a picture of a very small Polar Bear cub clawing and slobbering over someone's boot. I clicked on this link thinking it was the same one!:jawdrop

I'll mind the Graphic content warnings from now on!:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
BS.

That ankle wound isn't even close.

First, it's not a bite wound. Second, even if it were, and the bite had enough force to remove that much matter, it wouldn't leave the achilles still attached. Looks more like a pass-through wound, to me, not a rip-out.

Doesn't anybody stop to wonder why, if the guy whose back we see all torn up, would be allowed to sit upright on a gurney with head bandaged, yet have his mangled foot dangle over the side? The picture of the foot we see has it isolated. Try sitting upright with your foot in that position.

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Turns out all except the foot image are associated with a real polar bear attack.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/polarbear.asp (caution: graphic content)
(d'oh, just noticed CMartin beat me to it)

Strange as it may seem, we should try our best to stay away from exposed nipples and exceedingly gory images (yes I know, highly subjective). We want to be careful that members aren't tempted to see who could gross each other out more. :)

(Pity though that ones that can see a better way to do certain things in this community remain quiet. I've long been of the thought that our critics have the ability to be are our best allies in affecting change for the better here. I just hope they can drop the tired oh-so-turn-of-the-century notion that we're big meanies ready shut down any comment that would otherwise be beneficial to the health of the community. Provided the request isn't stated too abrasively nor demandingly we're much more likely to take a closer look at it sooner than later.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts