One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the interest of keeping the Admins from constantly chasing down and merging rougue threads, please use the SEARCH function BEFORE you post a new product (9,999 times to 1, someone else has beaten you to it), ask about "when a product is finally going to arrive", or other current product topics, as they have been or are already being dicussed.

Thank you!!

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Good luck!! It's easier for us to hit delete than it is to merge....
I'll use search if I need it. Griz....deleting is more fun, too. Before I got members on my board.....i experimented with all the functions. Deleting is fun and quick.

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
I've used this several times in the past to ask about an older product and I think a lot of the time people A. ignore it as an old thread, B. think it is a new thread and get excited about an old product, or C. don't see a question has been asked.

If there was a way to mark an old thread with a new question asked, etc. to make it stand out?

·
In the bush..........Nam baby!
3,190 Posts
I agree that duplicate posts are a bit of a problem, but would say it doesn't seem as bad here as a number of other forums I participate on.

As an example, the Marine Corps "Together We Served" site is notorious for many, many duplicate posts. Being a former Jarhead myself, it's pretty funny/strange when five or six people post the exact same message, sometimes within minutes of each other, and everyone seems clueless of the duplicity.

Duplicate posts aren't so much a problem at Mark Bando's Trigger Time site, but the maturity level of some of the posters there leaves much to be desired.

Someone will post a question or comment and, if they don't receive a response back in what they perceive as a timely fashion, they get all huffy and promptly delete their original message.

Part of the problem of the www I guess. Everyone wants answers NOW, and everyone wants to be perceived as being first on the block with the latest news.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
New Posts is the easiest to check daily. You'll see what you've missed since you last visited.

As to all the other "suggestions"....I'll just remind you that staff is volunteers and Norm is our volunteer IT support. Take a little effort yourselves, rather than us have to make your lives even easier.
So as to you "suggestions"......

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Apparently some of staff has forgotten that it's our task to grant every wish, without hesitation. They didn't issue us these gossamer wings and hi-speed magic wands just for decoration. Oh the shame!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.