One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new guy in the forum, and new come back to the hobby ( stopped in the action man era of the 70s!)

Just made a serious investment in Soldier Story and Dam Toys complete boxed figures and bought a lot of extras (equipment, uniforms, weapons) . Now I need a muscular figure that would look good in a short sleeve t-shirt or a cut-of shirt or in some sort of tank top. Need your advice on a combination of factors:

A) body well muscled but able to fit in SS and DAM clothes/uniforms
B) be of good quality and realistic
C) preferably compatible with SS and/or DAM head sculpts without customizing but this is not so important I will buy HT or HT "clone" HS if needed

Did a lot of reading in the forum threads and also contacted yiyiyyy from ebay who is a member here and he suggested that I open this thread.

From what I found it seems two good options would be the Muscular Club version 2 body (if I am not mistaken is in the wolverine body style?) or the muscular custom body that is a clone to hot toys TTM-19 hit figure.

Sorry it took me so long to explain , any advice will be most welcomed. Spend days and nights on the web and ebay but I find a lot of things confusing, like the narrow shoulders stuff and the head-body compatibility issues.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The KP Athletic body might do the trick for you pretty well.
You can find the headless version here.
Thanx for the tip it really looks good.Any idea which heads are compatible with it? Hot toys and clones, dam , soldier story?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Thanx for the tip it really looks good.Any idea which heads are compatible with it? Hot toys and clones, dam , soldier story?
Pickle Munkey probably assumed you already had a head in mind and pointed you to the headless. But if you don't, you should simply consider the KP normal, head-included version (whose sculpt I quite like) for only $10 more. If you like the sculpt, it's one stop shopping and no compatibility issues, no skin tone issues, etc. http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIKP-03B

·
RYNO78
88 Posts
Hi
All depends just how muscular you want him, from experience, the hot toys ttm 20 advanced muscular body fits soldier story clothes, and they have the best range of articulation. Failing that a hot toys Joe colton or wolverine last stand body are just as good but not as bulky as the ttm 20 body.
Hope this helps.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi
All depends just how muscular you want him, from experience, the hot toys ttm 20 advanced muscular body fits soldier story clothes, and they have the best range of articulation. Failing that a hot toys Joe colton or wolverine last stand body are just as good but not as bulky as the ttm 20 body.
Hope this helps.
You sure about the TTM20 body fitting SS/DAM uniforms? he is supposed to be about 2cm (almost 1 inch) taller and seems very bulky. Cause if he fits I am getting it :)

Also thank you to the other guys for their answers to the newbie. I already bought a KP athletik body, the one with HS, but if Ryan Smith says so, I ll go for the TTM20 too!

·
RYNO78
88 Posts
You sure about the TTM20 body fitting SS/DAM uniforms? he is supposed to be about 2cm (almost 1 inch) taller and seems very bulky. Cause if he fits I am getting it :)

Also thank you to the other guys for their answers to the newbie. I already bought a KP athletik body, the one with HS, but if Ryan Smith says so, I ll go for the TTM20 too!
Hi mate
All soldier story military uniforms and dam military uniforms fit the ttm 20 body, if you check out my arnold customs, they are using soldier story pants and my dwayne Johnson is using soldier story pants and they are the same body.
Now jeans are another matter. No chance with the ttm 20, legs and bum are to big......lol. Ow i tell lies, the triad toys jeans from the Henley & jeans set will fit a ttm 20 body.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi mate
All soldier story military uniforms and dam military uniforms fit the ttm 20 body, if you check out my arnold customs, they are using soldier story pants and my dwayne Johnson is using soldier story pants and they are the same body.
Now jeans are another matter. No chance with the ttm 20, legs and bum are to big......lol. Ow i tell lies, the triad toys jeans from the Henley & jeans set will fit a ttm 20 body.
Thanx, its good to be sure:thanks

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
The Athletic body is compatible with most HT neckless heads, and some Soldier Story ones, and other brands as well.
I used the Athletic body to re-do my Aliens Drake figure, the clothing and such fits without an issue!

·
Watching
894 Posts
The Athletic body looks great, but the articulation is really limited when it comes to shooting poses. If you are planning to out him in a neutral or relaxed pose then it's great.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
I did a fashion show of a bunch of different clothing on the Kaustic Plastik KP02 Heroik muscle body when those first came out. The KP03 Athletik body is comparably sized, at least on the waistline, so I'd guess the same brands that have trouble on the KP02 will have trouble on the KP03. I have a KP03 wearing the Toys City tuxedo set, and had to customize the shirt into a dickie and make use of the cummerbund to cover the way the pants don't close fully.

In general, the companies that cut big will work better overall. As mentioned, Soldier Story and DAM/Crazy Dummy should work fine, and I'm pretty sure DiD will be workable as well.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great review, Edwick and funny too! Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts