One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't leave my figures in their packaging,I actually play with them, pose them for photos, make dioramas,etc-don't care if I'm a nerd.
What's the point if we can't have a little fun with them right?! I have a whole backstory for mine. She's a Shield Maiden Assassin from Norway codenamed Valkyrie, but her real name's Ulfhild. She's highly proficient in hand to hand, and melee weapons combat, and is related to the legendary Viking Ragnar Lothbrok. Have fun with your figure fellow nerd.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't leave my figures in their packaging,I actually play with them, pose them for photos, make dioramas,etc-don't care if I'm a nerd.
Some people dress them once and leave them in the same clothing. I redress mine over and over, more like...ouch...Barbie dolls. Don't forget the gallery so you can post some pics. :)

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,247 Posts
They don't do much good in the box. And if you just like the box art, just buy the box. If they're just going to stay parked in the box in storage, it's just wasted money and space really.

That said, I have far too many that I haven't had the time to build up and get into "active duty" so-to-speak. That's something I have been slowly getting back to. Time to enjoy the hobby and figures more. And moving the rest on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They don't do much good in the box. And if you just like the box art, just buy the box. If they're just going to stay parked in the box in storage, it's just wasted money and space really.

That said, I have far too many that I haven't had the time to build up and get into "active duty" so-to-speak. That's something I have been slowly getting back to. Time to enjoy the hobby and figures more. And moving the rest on.
Yeah I think personally one figure's enough for me. Especially with limited space, and everything being so expensive. But yeah I love playing with mine, dressing her up, and putting her on display in her display case.

Reactions: cdn_rhino

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,247 Posts
Yeah I think personally one figure's enough for me. Especially with limited space, and everything being so expensive. But yeah I love playing with mine, dressing her up, and putting her on display in her display case.
One figure.... aaaahh, so long ago. If I could get it down to about 30, that would be optimal haha. At least that number would fit best in the display cabinets.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Dug Deadpool out of storage and I'm happy to say he seems to get along okay with the Flash.
Please excuse the poor staging and potato quality photo.
Lol, I like it. I don't think my pics are all that great myself. Been trying to think of things I could use for backgrounds. And I was thinking what about taking the pictures out of calendars, and using those? Cheap, and should hopefully be effective.

Reactions: Faster Than Life

·
Registered
Marvel, DC and miscellaneous film franchises.
30 Posts
Lol, I like it. I don't think my pics are all that great myself. Been trying to think of things I could use for backgrounds. And I was thinking what about taking the pictures out of calendars, and using those? Cheap, and should hopefully be effective.
Calendar photos with maybe some random bits of 1/6 scale vegatation in the foreground could be cost-effective AND convincing, yeah. The headache of finding anything that's scaled right...! And right now wood etc is at a premium, so DIY is extra costly. It's a bit of a pain if you're ambitious, haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
One figure.... aaaahh, so long ago. If I could get it down to about 30, that would be optimal haha. At least that number would fit best in the display cabinets.
I have 12 which is absolutely unecessary, but when I see one under $50.00 I can't stop myself. Right now they are taking over my bedroom computer desk, a small makeup table and part of my nightstand. We have a spare room in the house, but then I wouldn't see them often...

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,932 Posts
I never leave them in the box. I do know some who do it for investment. They’ll wait till the figure is sold out then offer at inflated prices.

I squad build mine and usually means they get redressed in different uniforms many times over.

my collection never stays too long sadly as I end up usually having to sell to pay bills, or I’ll sell to buy new bits.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never leave them in the box. I do know some who do it for investment. They’ll wait till the figure is sold out then offer at inflated prices.

I squad build mine and usually means they get redressed in different uniforms many times over.

my collection never stays too long sadly as I end up usually having to sell to pay bills, or I’ll sell to buy new bits.
I'm in the same boat,Lurpdog:trying to sell some of my old G.I. Joes and accessories and, to be able to buy new DiD, DAM Toys, etc., figure sets and equipment. I started out collecting Joes, so my mind has been blown by the newer, extremely detailed ( high dollar)figures.

·
Registered
Marvel, DC and miscellaneous film franchises.
30 Posts

Gotta say, collecting anything like this as an investment first and foremost sounds like a bad idea. There's no guarantee that there'll be the demand to make the money back. Way better to just buy the things you like, I think!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts