One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1:6 or 1:12
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster. This is my first purchase of Play Toy figure and decided to give you guys my take on it. :tiptoe

First the headsculpt:

The head is fairly well detailed. The color is not quite as accurately matching to the body as I have hoped but it's fairly close.

The insert is a bit shallow even for its own body that it came with.
Initially I considered buying the headsculpt only for some phicen stainless steel bodies,
but glad I didn't as I will show you later.

Couple of body shots:

The suit itself is quite flexible for posing the figure, but unfortunately the figure I got has a bit of loose joints. Especially the neck joint is problematic.
I had some trouble holding a pose other than standing. The knees and elbows are double jointed.

I didn't attempt to take the suit off in fear of tearing, but fabric seems strong enough if it were to be attempted. Can't really comment on the flexibility of Play Toy body outside the suit.

Some shots of helmets:

The helmet is way too overly large for 1:6 scale, let alone a female size.
If it fits on the head, I would've overlooked this, but it doesn't.
So why the large size that was not even meant to be worn?
On the other hand the graphics on it are interesting.

Finally, here's the headsculpt with the phicen body (2015 Suntan S09):

The head rotates around the ball insert freely, so unless you're looking for that bobbly head effect, it's not a good headsculpt for Phicen body figures. The older Phicen bodies may be okay, but I am not sure as I do not have any to experiment on. The color is also not matching to any of the other color versions I have (ss pale & tan).

Here's the pairing with Kumik, just for fun:

The Kumik head fits as well as the original head but seems like this body is also no match for Kumik's color tone. :knock

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Thank you for the review.

All three Racing Girl figures (blue, red, white) have been out for a few weeks now.

I received mine, but yet to open them.

Are you using the new PLAY TOY Action Figure Stand with your Racing Girl figure?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Do you think the suit is flexible enough to allow her to pose riding a motorcycle? In some ways it's good that the helmet is a bit big- it allows room for hair without destroying it. Next to the Playtoy sculpt it doesn't look terribly out of scale to my eyes. It does look a tad big with the Kumik sculpt holding it, but even then I could live with that.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the review.

All three Racing Girl figures (blue, red, white) have been out for a few weeks now.

I received mine, but yet to open them.

Are you using the new PLAY TOY Action Figure Stand with your Racing Girl figure?
I'm actually using the stand that came with Phicen figures. :)

Edit: oh, I misunderstood you. Yes, the stand is a 17" play toy figure stand (white). The minor problem I have with the stand is that the enclosing claw is too large for female figures (without any bulky clothing), so I just opted to use it for holding the helmet. The male figure will work fine with it.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think the suit is flexible enough to allow her to pose riding a motorcycle? In some ways it's good that the helmet is a bit big- it allows room for hair without destroying it. Next to the Playtoy sculpt it doesn't look terribly out of scale to my eyes. It does look a tad big with the Kumik sculpt holding it, but even then I could live with that.
Yes, the suit is stretchable and will allow a moderate pose. I tried to put the helmet on but it doesn't fit. That's why I think it's funny that helmet is overtly large.

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts
The helmet fitting depends on the head, obviously. I purchased the set without the body and used a Flirty Girl body and head instead and the helmet fits fine.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The helmet fitting depends on the head, obviously. I purchased the set without the body and used a Flirty Girl body and head instead and the helmet fits fine.
I see. Glad that worked out for you. I haven't really tried on other heads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts