One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I've had the Play Toy Female Monster Hunter on Pre-order since March 2017. I'm normally a very patient person, but wow.
Has anybody heard any news on when she might be released?

Thanks,

Mark aka delusional

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have had this on order from Kit since March 2017 but as Play Toy's last few releases have become increasingly erratic, sadly I suspect my Play Toy Male Monster Hunter is going to go partnerless and the female version will be a no-show. Hope I'm proven wrong but I'm not aware of any social media presence for Play Toy to check unlike say Xensation's similarly overdue Sorceress where at least from their Facebook page I know why its AWOL.

Maybe its my biased perception but there seems to be a bit of theme with female fantasy figures of the fully clad variety not making the final release or at best being very delayed. I could add ASToys' Artemisia and OnlyGirl's Witch to the above two. I suspect they are just not as popular as TBLeague's scantily clothed ladies and also offerings from small or unknown companies may find it harder to secure pre-orders to make full production viable.

Incidentally I don't place too much faith in pre-order release dates- they push them out as the date comes and goes!

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got her in today. The great news is that the head sculpt is gorgeous. It's the best Kate Beckinsale likeness I've ever seen. The good news is that it's a Kumik style head. With a blow dryer and a little effort the wig comes right off. I already had the perfect Selene black wig, so I now own the best Underworld Selene kitbash ever. I'll be posting some pictures soon.

Now on to the rest of the figure. The Play Toy body and hands are just so, so. They have a cheap plastic kind of vibe. The clothing out fit is nice and well made. It's pretty, but little bits like the belt loops for the scabbard and the thigh straps for her boots are glued and came apart. I simply glued them back together. The cutlass sword looks ok, but it's flimsy plastic, same for the scabbard.

You figure they could have included a figure stand, but they didn't. You'll need a stand because she can't stand in her high heels and wobbly ankles.

The box isn't anything to brag about either. It didn't come with much, just her, the cutlass, scabbard, and an extra set of hands.

Luckily I got mine at KGHobby and only paid about $109.00 including shipping. If someone ever parts her out, I will buy another one of these Kate head sculpts.

Mark aka delusional

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the review. The price was so good that my expectations were not high so it's nice to hear that she's decent enough. I'm doing head swaps to produce our long running Dungeons and Dragons characters so I'm hoping the head will fit the Sorceress figure and a Black Widow head will fit her body...

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,046 Posts
Wow, somehow I completely missed that this figure even existed. Van Helsing is one of my favorite movies and I have the Play Toy male monster hunter but didn't know about this Anna figure. Thank goodness I saw this thread and quickly ordered one from KGHobby. They may not be Hot Toys or DiD quality but they're probably the closest we'll ever get for this movie and now I'll at least have the set. Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. The likeness on this bootleg is better than the “official” one we got from Star Ace on their Selene. Right now I’m just trying to tame her hair a bit — mine was really thick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts