One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A good friend of mine recently picked me up one of the Play Arts Metal Gear D-Dog figures. The Play Arts figures are usually a smaller scale, but he looks perfect in 1/6! And it's so cool. Highly articulated (I don't think there are really any articulated animals available in 1/6) and comes with a bunch of great accessories. There are 3 heads (regular, eye-patch, and gas-mask) and each has interchangeable, articulated jaws (a regular mouth, one meant to hang open with the tongue lolling out, and one meant to hold an accessory, like the included knife or stun baton). He's in a sort of doggy stealth suit, which definitely works for a post apocalyptic setting. It would be nice to see animal figures with anywhere near this articulation without the outfit, but it's still incredibly cool. I haven't figured out what I'm doing yet, but I definitely plan to do some mods and repainting, and he should make a great addition to the world of the Radio Kings. But in the mean time, I thought it'd be fun to get some pics with Saint Crow.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I love me an articulated dog-- but the leggings and boots not so much...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great find. It really does work for 1/6. The slight thinness for 1/6 just makes it look like some kind of sly ninja dog. :)
Oh, totally. I mean, he's made to hold a knife. Only a ninja dog would do that! We were discussing the mask when I got it. It couldn't really be a gasmask, since it didn't cover his mouth or snout. The conclusion was that it was to keep the blood out of his eyes when he's out murdering with that knife.

I love me an articulated dog-- but the leggings and boots not so much...
Yeah, I definitely would prefer just an articulated dog body. But still really cool looking, and I plan to totally make it work for a post apocalyptic setting.

Freaking awesome! Thanks for the idea. D-Dog was my favourite from MGS and it's awesome to have him in my 1/6 world.
Glad to share! He's such a fun figure, but the fact that he's perfect for a 1/6 world is such a bonus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts