One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've added a bagpipe to my 79th New York State Militia. I made the figure about a year ago and I've been looking for a set of bagpipes ever since. I finally found them while vacationing in Scotland. They're actually a refrigerator magnet that plays the worst rendition of "Scotland the Brave" I've ever hear. Sounds like a dying cat. But they were cheap and look great with just a little bit of kit-bashing.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
They look damn near perfect!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Beautiful.. i love seeing any Scot kitbash, Civil War included. I had to do both my Civil War figures (CSA and USA) with a drum, as i don't have enough bagpipes to go around.

I love the detail on the cap, garters, tabs, etc... very nice figure.

the only question, why didn't you buy 100 of those magnets and bring them back?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spent over a year (off and on) looking for 1/6th pipes on the web, but to no avail. Iit took a vacation in Scotland to find just this one.

I would have bought a dozen or more, but I got the last one in the store!! And even then I had to go into five souvenir shops before I could find the this one. I was beginning to lose heart that no one in Scotland cherishes the Pipes anymore.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Excellent figure Norm. We still love the pipes over here, believe me! I have that very same set of bagpipes on the fridge door in the kitchen. You're right about the strangled cat:sadshake

Andy

·
Stonewall Jackson
323 Posts
Nice to see you back Norm.

Great looking figure, and good to see your work again.

Remember having a souvenir miniature set of 'Bagpipes' as a kid, they looked great on my Action Man !

Anyway, thanks for sharing.​

R&R​

1 - 18 of 18 Posts