One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
marios1
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, does anyone have the sideshow PLATOON figures of KING, O'NEIL, LERNER, RANUCCI (RAH..) AND may be BUNNY....?? I know that Sideshow produced at least four of them, but i never saw their faces.. so if someone could be so kind to post some pictures of their faces..!! Thanks alot. Mario.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If you ever wanted too buy those Platoon figures off of the secondary market...You would need to sell your car or something. I can remember seeing those on the SST site for 50.00 bucks and thinking to myself...If they were only cheaper.
Any board members have all of them? (pictures?). It was a nice series for sure.

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
I have all but King. Like One Shot says, you'll only find them on ebay and they go for $100 per figure at least. What's more is that the paintwork on them isn't very good (I'm having all mine repainted), and the uniform and gear is pretty basic (moulded pouches and boots etc).
There's enough Toy Soldier stuff now to fix that up but all the more expensive it gets. And those heads are massive so it's unlikely any company will ever produce a good helmet large enough.
For some reason I'm crazy enough to do all this but I dare not do the maths. They will make up for a great display once finished though :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I only have Taylor, Elias and Barnes, going through upgrading phase with TS stuff and it is getting expensive. About head size, on mine the helmets seem too big (mainly on C. Sheen).

·
marios1
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS BOYS"!!!!!!

tHANKS BOYS, YES I KNOW THESE PICTURES, BUT I WISH SAME COLLECTOR PICTURES TO SAW THEM BETTER!!!!dOORHAMMER....I DONT UNDERSTOOD.....BUT YOU HAVE ONLY KING, OR YOU HAVE THE OTHER (LERNER, RAH,O'NEIL ) WITHOUT KING? WHEN YOU LL CAN, COULD YOU POST SAME PICTURES OF THEIR FACES ,ALSO IF YOU REPAINT THEM? I KNOW THEIR UNIFORM AND ACCESSORIES QUALITY BECOUSE I HAVE BURNS COMPLEATE AND ELIAS AND TAYLOR NUDE....BUT I LIKE THEIR FACE HOWEVER!!!! Yes is possible change the accessories whit ones of other firm (yes a bit expensive...)but i am looking for same nam dragon helmets....if i ll find them!!!!Becouse i read in this forum that the toys soldier helmets are too little for various type heads......!!!!!!Bye Mario.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
EBT Now has the TS versions available. I picked one over the weekend and it fits and looks good....Try there web page...
vietnaminter said:
Hi boys, same one of as know where i could buy same sideshow or dragon nam helmets?Whit not too expensive prices obviously!!!!!Thanks .

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
My Mistake friend.... I thought you were Looking for the Helmet worn by the figure. I dont believe they have the Head sculpt. They are hard to find outside of e-bay. But they do have the Camo Helmet if thats what you are searching for...

·
marios1
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bunny

Thanks blackops4free ......i became crazy looking for bunny head in echo base toys shop...............!!!!!About the helmets i read on this forum that the ts helmets are too little for normal dragon bbi and so on heads........!!!!!!But i need same nam helmets and i dont find dragon or sideshow anywhere!!!!! Mario.

·
In the bush..........Nam baby!
3,190 Posts
A bit off topic, but there really was a lot to love about Sideshow's Platoon series.

Of the bunch, Lerner (Depp) is probably the closest thing to a Vietnam Soldat we've ever had.

Besides the younger sculpt for a typical Nam trooper, he comes with most of what anyone would need to kit a typical grunt (Marine or Army).

Update his molded gear with cloth items, add a poncho liner, poncho, a Claymore and bag, and a flak jacket and he's pretty close to perfect.

The Barnes sculpt is the best of the entire series, but I thought Rhah was a close second.

Sideshow's M-16, bandoleer with magazines, jungle utilities, jungle ruck, bayonet, and e-tool are still the best Nam items available.

As far as the negatives, I could never get past the big-heads, I've soured on the Sideshow bodies, and the molded web gear was some of the worst Nam gear ever produced.

I've never taken much stock in the big head/small helmet debate though.

If a helmet seems too small or the head is too large, I've always figured that's what a Dremel was for. I've shaved the heads of every Platoon figure I've ever owned, and have also Dremeled out the helmets so they'd fit better on the heads.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.