One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
The Man of Steel
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics of the Otaku Bodies on Triads Site

Went over to Triads site to see if there was anything new and this poped up on there site....hpefully the pic works ...It my fisrt time posting a pic...sorry if this has already been posted

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well holee [email protected]! They look dang nice! I am still a bit fuzzy on the names of the different bodies they are planning on putting out. There is the Eva, Alpha, and the Otaku, but I am not sure just what makes each one unique. Regardless, and am glad the Triad bodies might finnally be hitting the market! :banana

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hmmm no body articulation at all, elbows do'nt turn, Ca'nt see the knees. As always I'll believe it when I see it. I always love triad's advertising department, "no such thing as a perfect body"LOL.
But think they need to take this one back to the drawing board.

I do'nt what makes all the types of triad bodies "unique" but I do know what makes them similar. None have them have ever made the market.
We'll see what happens with this one. Btw I understand they are being produced by Soldier Story.
Paul

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is what "bitchin" over at MWD said this afternoon:
There is no torso articulation and the torso is not soft and flexible. I hope that's not a deal breaker for anyone. Triad is coming out with three different body types (eventually). Alpha, which has the standard articulation you'd get in a 1/6 figure. Evo/Eva, which is only just slightly less articulated than the standard 1/6 figure. Otaku, which has a lot less articulation from what we've come to expect in the standard 1/6 figure. But what you lose in articulation you gain in look. It won't fit all your project need but it is another option.

·
unfrozen caveman computer
507 Posts
They use otaku as a derogatory in Korea, Japan.
Generally used to describe dudes with no girlfriends who are only interested in cartoon girls, girl dolls, etc.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
moonjo said:
They use otaku as a derogatory in Korea, Japan.
Generally used to describe dudes with no girlfriends who are only interested in cartoon girls, girl dolls, etc.
LMFAO! Someone in the Marketing Dept. seems to have a sharp sense of humor.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
From what has been said the bodies kinda go like this..the most articulated are the evo/eva, less is the alpha and the least articulated are the Otaku. This information came from a thread at the MWDs forum. Interesting body to say the least...since most figures i have are posed standing straight up, these should fit in nicely to my collection ,...as long as the price isn't too high.

·
The Blood Sword
165 Posts
Derogatory or not these Otaku bodies look nice. I might have to pic one up just for a test custom. Though the lack of torso articulation might be an issue I will just use it on characters which it isn't an issue.

·
1:6 Casuality
1,122 Posts
Looks cool and would get it for particular projects. I think its Louie response to CustomLabs bodies which've gone for outrageous amounts (http://rumide.cjb.net/customlab/index.html). Just like how he started doing clothing to be more affordable than the CreamSoda customs on eBay, this'll be a welcome thing for me as a collector :)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
The lack of articulation bothered me at first, but really doesn't bug me now. They fit a rather specific need but a need that's there all the same. I'd like some day to do a character of mine named Ealee Rue and with any normal female 1/6 body she just wouldn't look good. These though would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Would be great for certain projects. I particularly like the look of the neck. Hopefully they will be available in different cup sizes. I hope the pricing is on an intermediary scale.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.