One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been a while since I posted so I thought I'd post a pic that I didn't use in Rans 1/6 Masterpiece book. It's realted to my Vietnam Marine Pointman diorama that depicts the Marine disabling a booby trap known in Vietnam as a Maylay gate. The enemy hung them in trees and they swing down and impale the unsuspecting victim in the chest and groin area. If your not killed outright the bamboo Spikes are usually dipped in foul urine causing them to infect the inflicted wounds very quickly.
This pic shows the same Marine returning to the same site a month later where he discovers the gate was reinstalled and has done it's job on an unsuspecting villager.
Many different Booby traps were devised by the enemy killing and wounding thousands of US troops be it IED's or homemade devices like simple sharpened bamboo stakes stuck in a pit the varities were endless. Such was the dangers of venturing in the Jungles of Vietnam.

I tried to post the pic from the OSW gallery which is in there under USMCRon
but it doesn't show here. That's the proper link but I can't get it to work.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Just put add this tag before the hyperlink to complete it. Then the picture will show.

I don't know when I can scratch up enough coin for the book, and I hope its still around then, but your work looks really good here as I'm sure it did in the book.

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
WOW!!!! Now how did that not make it into the book!? Freakin' awesome!

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Cpl Ho said:
Wicked stuff... looks scary enough... So, where can I get one? I mean the 1/6 skeleton!
Just stake one of your 1/6th figures out over an ants' nest for a few weeks and then go back and collect your 1/6th skeleton..................

Fantastic work, Ron. I remember one of those in "The Green Berets".

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Now I just can't wait to see the pictures of your Marine in "1/6 Masterpieces" when I pick up my copy from the PO tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

Cpl Ho, I got the skeleton during halloween at one of those big hobby stores that sell fabric and seasonal gifts but they're only there during Halloween.

MK23, It isn't in the 1/6th book cause I put it together after I had already submitted my other pics. So I guess you could call it a wicked OSW exclusive.
When you get your book you can just print it out and tape it in. lol

Thanks LG for making the pic show up

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Great looking fig and dio. And I fixed the link for you so ity now shows in your post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts