One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing.
What is your opinion on it comparing to the former OTV? Any good?
I love it! At first, I had some reservations because of the way you have to put it on but after you adapt to it, the positives outweigh the negatives...The side plates have an integrated pouch so you can put more stuff on the PALS webbing and they don't stick out like on the IBA, The elastic belt on the inside, when wrapped around your torso, helps distribute some of the weight on your back making it a lot more comfortable, and its a helluva lot more breathable...The pull tab is a niffty feature too but I hope I don't have to use it.

One of the downsides is the fact that if you neglect to take care of the cable inside the vest, it might fall off your body at the wrong time...other than that, its pretty good...definitely and improvement :)

·
Kaizen!
406 Posts
Many thanks for the feedback.
I'm mere Japanese civilian so will never have opportunity to wear the IOTV...but now well informed about it.
That's why I love OSW! :thumb

I really hope you will never have chance to pull the quick release tab.
Take care!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks for the feedback.
I'm mere Japanese civilian so will never have opportunity to wear the IOTV...but now well informed about it.
That's why I love OSW! :thumb

I really hope you will never have chance to pull the quick release tab.
Take care!
Consider yourself lucky...I hope to be a civilian in a little more than a year...I'm crossing my fingers!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Nice to see a clear shot of the gear, much appreciated, Matt. It kind of highlights (at least to me) that HT should've included a groin guard on theirs.
Both of you guys stay safe and get back here to play with mandolls.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In true Army fashion, we where issued the IOTV just in time to go on our last mission and then turn them back in LOL. Anyway, here is a pick of my IOTV as I wore it on my last mission in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In true Army fashion, we where issued the IOTV just in time to go on our last mission and then turn them back in LOL. Anyway, here is a pick of my IOTV as I wore it on my last mission in Afghanistan.

How they worked the issue of the IOTV here, if you had more than 120 days remaining in theater, you got one, and less than 120 days, you were stuck with the IBA.

Looks like you guys did a lot of foot movement!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
What are the odds of a guy named Army, being in the Army? Bad joke aside, cool to have a face to put to the guy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mattleerocks said:
Looks like you guys did a lot of foot movement!
Id like to say your right, but for this particular pic its not. When I first deployed to Afghanistan, I was a platoon sergeant for a rifle platoon so for the year, I ran mostly dismouned patrols. After a year, my battalion chain of command decided that since I had a over a year PSG time with a rifle platoon, I needed some anti-armor time. So for the last 5 months of my tour I was PSG for an anti-armor platoon. The reason my kit is so dirty is that it fell off my humvee and into a mud puddle LOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Id like to say your right, but for this particular pic its not. When I first deployed to Afghanistan, I was a platoon sergeant for a rifle platoon so for the year, I ran mostly dismouned patrols. After a year, my battalion chain of command decided that since I had a over a year PSG time with a rifle platoon, I needed some anti-armor time. So for the last 5 months of my tour I was PSG for an anti-armor platoon. The reason my kit is so dirty is that it fell off my humvee and into a mud puddle LOL.
LOL! I used to put my gear on the hood of the truck for on-FOB movement right before we staged our vehicles but the same thing to another soldier :)

Did you have any problems washing it before you turned it in?

·
Registered
171 Posts
IBAs and IOTVs are easy to clean. Take off any attached pouches and armor. Take out the ESAPI plates and the soft armor and put it in the washing machine. DOnt put it in the dryer though, let it air dry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts