One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im having issues with the photo uploading. My last post all the photos were sideways. I first uploaded using my phone and then tried my laptop thinking maybe it was an issue with using a phone but both times i got the same results. So then i tried rotating the lhoto before i uploaded thinking when it rotates durring upload it will be straight but no still sideways. Any ideas on how to fix this? Below is what im talking about

Comfort Ceiling Human leg Wood Foot

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Phones and I-Pads may impose what they think is supposed to be the orientation of a picture (depending on how it was taken) and recording it so deep within the hidden properties that it's very hard to overcome. For example when I used Photobucket some pictures which looked ok on my desktop saved sideways, and even if I rotated them and saved them again, the hidden properties would override any changes. OSW Gallery can have the same problem. I never did figure out the real solution, ie how to edit/correct those properties -- maybe others here know how to do so. The work-around I use though is to go into "Paint," rotate the picture so that it actually does look sideways, save it as rotated. Exit the picture then open it again, rotate it back, and Save. This seems to purge some hidden rotation code. Clumsy but it works for me.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
I never upload pics from mobile devices to the OSW.

I upload to my PC to review and edit and then upload to the OSW.

Then again, I don't necessarily bother with OSW photo hosting. I use my own for ease and simplicity.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Phones and I-Pads may impose what they think is supposed to be the orientation of a picture (depending on how it was taken) and recording it so deep within the hidden properties that it's very hard to overcome. For example when I used Photobucket some pictures which looked ok on my desktop saved sideways, and even if I rotated them and saved them again, the hidden properties would override any changes. OSW Gallery can have the same problem. I never did figure out the real solution, ie how to edit/correct those properties -- maybe others here know how to do so. The work-around I use though is to go into "Paint," rotate the picture so that it actually does look sideways, save it as rotated. Exit the picture then open it again, rotate it back, and Save. This seems to purge some hidden rotation code. Clumsy but it works for me.
This is what I do as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts