One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received my Tao's Army M32 in the mail and I am actually happy with my purchase. Since the Zacca WWC version is impossible to find, this may be the next best thing.

Now there has been some speculation that these are recasts, but I say recasts of what? Since I have not seen any of the originals, except in the Joke Shop photo, what is there to compare it too?

If this is a recast, in comparison to the ones done by Dr. Figures the quality is on par or better. I got one of those Dr. Figures M4's with the MagPul buttstock, and it is terrible. The SCAR on the other hand is decent.

The quality of plastic is good. It's not too thin or brittle. Most of the places where it is joined are kind of flimsy, so reinforcing is a must. Especially the buttstock and barrel. You might be able to get away with just using a good glue or some Miliput. There are some places where the glue is visible, but nothing an Xacto can't take care of.

The lenses on the optics look like thin clear sheet plastic which you might want to replace. I'm thinking about using some red dye mixed in some Kristol Klear for the lenses. The paint job is not too bad, and the detailing is above average. I would also suggest not trying to load it with the 40mm ammo provided. All in all, it's a very servicable weapon, and a good fix for us guys that were Jonesin' for the Zacca version. After getting this and seeing the quality I might opt for purchasing the EBR that Tao's Army has out.

Sorry about the grainy photos my digital is messed up so I had to use my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Heh, my friend brought up that same point about the originality issue of these things, but I won't go into that since its a no-no, but I'm so excited to see that you've already gotten yours! That means ours should be here soon, and they're decent!

I [and others I tricked into buying them] bought them thinking they were Zacca, but even back then I knew I'd have to reinforce or rebuild that buttstock joint and other areas since this thing has such an airy/spaced out design anyway.

Waah, thanks for the review Cree.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
358 Posts
I bought one last week thinking it was the Zacca one. Did'nt know any other companies produced this, and don't really care-Just happy to get one. Hope it gets here soon.:banana

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Awesome...great to hear that it's a decent quality piece.

What's wrong with the rounds they provided though? Are they too big to fit in it? What about DML or BBI 40mm shells?

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
I thought there was a plastic rod that holds the cylinder in place...I saw a picture of it on ebay where it was taken out that way...I'll have to see if I can find it

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Just got mine in today, and the flaws are there...certain parts of it I had to reinforce - the pegs connecting the front part to the back. The paint is sloppy in one part too, the area around the barrel on the right side. But overall, it's a damn nice looking weapon. Real glad I can add an M32 MGL to my collection.

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
my zacca is on the way...at least i think it's zacca.also got one of those funky underwater scuba AK type dart shooty things on the way as well(pretty sure its zacca).i can finally do a decent grenade spitting gyrene and maybe a spetnaz scuba trooper.nice pix..thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.