One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,
I made some mods with my pichen bodys. I don´t like the fact all my Characters have the same body height. The little asian witch is the smallest. She stands 1,59m ( 265 mm ), the blonde one is 1,62m ( 270mm ) The Redhead is a new pichen leage, she is not finish. Excuse she is in Underware and the Hair is not styled. She is without Mod and stands 1,77m ( 295mm ). The Skin tone is suntan, for example the blonde is a older phichen and her skin tone is suntan too. But it is definitly a darker tone. I like soooo much to bash a african figure, but phichen don´t give us a african Body :dunno...... It will be great if someone here has a technic for to colour phichen bodys

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, thanks Friend. I do the same. That´s the problem. On the Headsculpt Surface paint drys in a normal way. If You like to do this with a rubber body the paint don´t get dry or the other way.... it´s get dry and crumble away. I made some experiments with Theater make up but at last there is no way. For a african Character i need the paint on the body not on the HS.....

by the way, if You like tribes. This is the old tribe i made many Years ago, it was so easy to change the hight of plastic bodys. Now the Rubber and steel skeletons are very hard to work with.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Ephiane, these all look great. Both the old tribe and the new. I am impressed with the body height modifications. If you are making bodies taller, and if you are covering up the ankles, as you do, that should be easy enough -- one Phicen came with ankle extenders (as a lame excuse for its short height) and there are third-party extenders you can get on eBay. But how to make them shorter, there's the art.
In terms of coloring the body, I know of no easy solution. But here is something that should work in theory, although I have not attempted it myself. I've only done it for tiny details on the body, not the whole skin. Get some clear silicon glue and Smooth-on's Silc Pig silicone rubber color system paints. I am not sure of the range of colors, but they are mixable. Maybe (just maybe) you could mix them with acrylics (you should try to check about that). Anyway, a tiny drop of any Silc Pig color (or colors, if you are mixing them) colors a lot of the silicon glue and makes it more paint-like in consistency. That you can then paint on with a brush, and leave it to cure. Note that if you use the Silc Pig paints without the silicon glue or whatever product they are actually intended for, they will not cure/dry on the silicon body.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Grubernator. I will try it with acrylics soon. Silicone sounds to complicate to me. I make the figurs shorter by cut the lower leg bone. The Steel skeleton has parts like a real one.

Goobikza, i remember the old pichen bodys but i like to see a african in the new phichen collection. The old ones are not so posable.

·
2,105 Posts
Ephiane - while I have considered shortening Phicen's females, with Phicen's males (especially M30 and M33), I'd rather have them taller. And even if I could somehow extend the skeleton, I can't extend the silicon "skin" (really, "flesh").
The Halle Berry body was not very dark, though certainly darker than the others. And I think it was still with a plastic skeleton.
Now as to painting - acrylics will not cure (dry) on the silicon body, just like it will not dry but "crawl" or "run" off on rubber. One trick is to heat with a blow dryer while applying it, though that is probably not good for the silicon body. Even if this works, because the silicon body is squishy, the layer of acrylic paint on top would probably crack and eventually flake off after even slight handling.
The silicone paint is not tricky at all, at least in my limited experience. You just have to get the right ingredients. The pigments mix with the glue like magic and thin its consistency to something much easier to apply. Here are links to the ones I have used. You might find them also on your own version of amazon, if different.
Silc Pig 9 color sampler HERE
Silicon glue HERE (which I have experience with) or HERE
Theoretically, acrylics can also be mixed by themselves with the silicon glue, but it does not work nearly as well as the Silc Pig pigments.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can paint details by using oil painting with thinner and silicon caulking. It will dry and stay on the body but it would be difficult to paint a whole body this way.

There are paints for silicone, but these are expensive and I've never tried them.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I've heard tell that you can use/mix ground up chalk pastels. You must first wash off the powder that covers the body until the skin feels tacky, then you brush the pastel powder on, rub it in with your fingers, and it should stay (as long as you don't plan to get them wet).

·
2,105 Posts
Stryker2011 makes a good point, whatever paint treatment you use, you would want to remove as much of the protective powder as you can. Not sure about washing it (Phicens do get shipped with a small desiccant pack in their boxes), but you could try a roller lint brush, which would pick up the powder till the body is all sticky (best to use a smaller, travel-size lint brush).

·
Registered
968 Posts
These are fantastic. I would never be brave enough to attempt this! Very innovative/great job!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I posted this to Rost3 on my method of pastel coloring, I thought it would be best to share :

Please note, this method is not super permanent (semi maybe), because the pastels could be washed off. Some people use dull-cote but I won't due to fear of permanent damage. Washing the colors off the figure to it's original format is time consuming, so at least this process is semi permanent and semi washable.

:WARNING: Do not use any harsh chemicals on the phicens. (acetone, 90%alcohol, dilute dull-cote, or any spray sealer) These chemicals might or will cause the phicen skin to peel and flake, like dry skin and blister.

Tools:
1.pastel chalk,
2.clean cutting mat,soft bristle make-up brushes,
3.powder (baby powder or foot powder) ,
4.and a wire bristle brush for pastel chalk ONLY(use this to grind the chalk into a powder on a area of the clean cutting mat, I use the center)
5.Note: depending on phicen skin-tone, colors will appear differently. I used a pale to closely match the tan. the 2015 suntans (Valkyrie, van helsing, or Tempest) may be too dark and the applied colors will appear darker, like painting on a white canvas versus a sky grey canvas. If you want a darker skin tone, like brown or a bronze tan earth tone, I would use a 2015 suntan. I do not own the new 2017 suntan yet, just the Keres and the 2015 versions (my photo with the huntress armor is 2015 suntan with S09head).

Phicen Skin tone help

1.First wash the phicen in soapy water, and rinse with water. this allows the pastel to stick to the phicen.

2.let the phicen figure air dry on the clean cutting mat. do not use a towel (phicen will pick up the lint on the towel similar to that red rubber roll lint tool)

3.Make sure the pastel is grinded into a powder that is not coarse.

4.Apply using a makeup brush that is soft (hard brissle brushes will scrape your Phicen)

5.dab the makeup brush with powder over the area where the skin connects to the neckpost first. This way, you could see if the pastel color that is applied matches the head.

6.dab the makeup on the back of the neck. the remaining pastel on the brush will fall on the clean cutting mat. collect the pastel from the cutting mat with the makeup brush (my mat wasn't clean and had lint, which cause me to redo the application cause there was dust/lint mixed with the color pastel)

7.after applying the makeup on the neck, press the pastel that is on the body down with your thumb or index finger, like you are matting the color into the body. Do not drag your thumb back and forth, fingertips are like harsh tiny brissles, and if the powder is a little coarse as well, it may scrape the skin off the phicen, like peeling and flakes.

8.If the color matches well with the head, apply to the rest of the body, one area at a time. This will take about an hour or 45 minutes to complete. rest the completed body on the clean mat.

9.(entire step is Optional )Take a break, come back 30 minutes or an hour, and see if you missed any spots. If not then apply with baby powder. This acts like a seal over the pastell. I applied over an area again with powder lightly with the soft bristle makeup brush (i didnt have baby powder in the house so I used gold bond). Do not press the powder into the body, just lightly dab.

10. blow off the remaining powder gently, like you're blowing a dandelion, in small puffs. and you are done.

Again, this is entirely trial and error method for me.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hi, What is the body type and head sculpt for the redhead please?
Those bodies are from the time the company was called Phicen and they were darker (real) suntan bodies (unlike now). My guess is either an S06B or S09C type, since the OP mentioned that it has the steel skeleton instead of the older plastic. Someone else might be able to tell you what head sculpt that redhead is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts