One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OSW Member
230 Posts
I have a S35 and I don't think there is any significant color difference from other TBL's. I compared my S35 with a S02 and I don't see a difference, at least in room light. I have noticed some color differences even with the same model TBL. It may depend more on the batch or when the body was made, but not sure. If there is any color difference, it doesn't look significant.

Not sure if you are aware of this. But the main difference with this body from older models, is the head post is smaller. Also hand posts. If you want to use most other heads, you will need to modify the post. I found putting a cut straw over the post works pretty well to keep the head tight. Not perfect, but worked. I did this with a S25B that has a small head post too. There may be a source for the smaller head inserts somewhere also. I think I saw some on Aliexpress that weren't very expensive.

The S35 seems to be roughly about the same height as standard 2015-2017 models. It just has narrower shoulders and shorter arms. It is supposed to have a somewhat shorter torso with longer legs than early models.

Most eBay sellers don't mention color. Maybe you can get suggestions from a hobby store that sells heads. Most heads are usually suntan, but the color can vary a bit. There are some brands that are mostly pale like Super Duck.

·
OSW Member
230 Posts
You might like the head it comes with. Probably will be the best match for the body in fit and color. I should have been more clear, but I meant contacting an online store like Ekia Hobbies or Cotswold Collectables. But they might not know either. Also sometimes stores like this have a description saying matches TBL suntan or TBL pale. It still might not be a perfect match but they are usually close. You may be particular about color match. I'm not as particular as some collectors. As long as it's pretty close is good enough for me. A head can look like a match in room light but may look a bit off in sunlight or in photos.

·
OSW Member
230 Posts
I'm quite picky so I probably will stick with the default head. I got the decals yesterday for the eyes, far smaller than they looked on Ebay, so while easier than painting, its still not going to super easy to get those things on. As far as I can tell, they work like model car stickers, dip them in water and then... whee. I still need to get some tweezers, they are way too tiny to do by hand.

As for heads... even default heads on figures can be off. Phicen's 1:12 is pretty dad on but there's a tiny, tiny difference, but nothing horrible. Have to hand it to them on the 1:12 figures, except for on one thing, which is weird. The first one I got from a US retailer had painted on nipples, the one I got from a Chinese retailer did not, so I thought it was defective but the second one they sent me, same thing.
I must have clicked quote by mistake.
Yes, even supplied heads can vary a little in color because they are made from a different material than the body.

I never got a body with painted nipples. I don't think I have heard anyone else say that they got a base body painted. Maybe it is something that particular seller does. Also I usually get bodies from China or Hong Kong. I usually paint them myself with a watercolor pencil.

·
OSW Member
230 Posts
I have several different color pencils. I use a different color weather the body is suntan or pale. Never thought of a stencil. Maybe that makes it easier. I just do it free hand. The nipple acts as a reference. It just take my time and use almost no pressure. I wet the end of the pencil and if it needs to be wetter I dip the end again.

The water color generally isn't permanent and can be washed off. If a redo is needed and there is still color remaining, Oxy 10 pimple cream will remove the stain. It works on clothing stains too. The active ingredient acts as a dye remover. So a mistake isn't a big problem.

Here is a pic of my S35 after the water color.
Joint Arm Leg Human body Entertainment

·
OSW Member
230 Posts
The color I used was chestnut. The bangs aren't stuck in place, but they tend to mostly go back to the original position. If you want it off to the side, maybe holding it that way with a band for a few days might keep it in place. I think heat is used to style hair, but I'm not sure.

·
OSW Member
230 Posts
I'm not familiar with Lddol's, but I may have seen them online. Not sure. The flexible fingers might be a problem though. Hot Stuff bodies had and probably still have flexible fingers and people complained about the wires inside the hands breaking. The wires could also poke through the hands. It would be nice if they weren't a problem, but from what I understand they are very fragile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts