One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vague memory of someone maybe posting on this before, but since I couldn't find it through the online search, I decided to put up a couple of photos before putting things away.

Both bodies come without heads, but with detachable feet (including flat and heel feet) and hands (three pairs of hands in total). The skin tone is "suntan," which means very little (considering how many different shades have been labeled "suntan"), but is quite pale.

In the fist three photos, S19B is on the left, S23B is on the right; in the last two photos, I used only S23B. Despite the potentially racy subject of the last two photos, I have kept everything clean and PG13. I also used the S23B body in the deck chairs thread.

Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
The more I see of that new muscle body the less I like that body. I originally ordered six of them but after seeing pictures of it changed my order to the muscular large bust a d glad I did. It just doesn't work for me, but that is personal preference. If you're satisfied that is all that matters....

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not crazy about S19B, but I do like S23B well enough, it being a bit curvier and more attractive. I am afraid of getting the large bust Phicen bodies, because (a) they look (or looked) huge when undressed, and (b) I am not always sure I can fit them in clothes; on the other hand, the medium bust Phicen bodies don't look quite as impressive dressed. But the articulation is excellent, of course, and so far the hands swap safely. For what it is worth, even with the heeled feet, getting high heals on them and keeping them balanced while wearing them can be quite tricky.

·
Registered
565 Posts
love these new athletic/muscular bodies except for the feet, not a big fan of the "detachable" even if I plainly understand its use, but as I feared the ankle area is just hideous, which kills it all for me...

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, the permanently attached feet do look better, but good luck trying to balance the figure on them to stand up. To me the ankle area on the detached feet looks different depending on exactly how you position the ankle (on the photos in this thread, I was trying to balance the body on high heels so I wasn't going for a good look for that joint) -- and some positions look better than others.
By the way, these "new athletic/muscular bodies" are actually detachable feet remakes of the old "floppy-footed" bodies, so you might be able to find some more aesthetically pleasing ones out there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You're right to mention that, I hadn't thought about the weight of the figure itself being all on the ankles which surely doesn't help make them look good... Their male figure are better done on that area, the detachable foot starts below the ankle, and it looks much better. Don't understand why Phicen didn't do that for the female bodies, I can't believe it was just to keep their old molded feet lol...

I got three with the floppy feet, and I'm really happy with them, but as you said "good luck to make them stand", I can't deny the fact they're made to achieve all poses but can't stand on their own except with flat boots... it needs one more articulation before the toes and a longer metal insert in the foot to achieve that...

Anyway, I hope they'll release some muscular bodies with floppy feet in the future so we keep on having that choice, both have their use to me.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You make a very good point about the difference in the Phicen male and female foot design. I had not thought of that and it does make a lot of difference. Of course, even with the male feet, the look depends on the positioning, but it looks better in general. And with male feet, you need to swap to some compatible foot from a different company if you want to fit it easily into 1/6-scale footwear, which seems to be designed for undersized feet. Ah, the complications caused by striving for perfection.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
I have the S19B. It's okay. I guess it can be described as a slender mid. bust. It seems similar to the older S17B. Still waiting for the S17B that I ordered a few weeks ago to make a better comparison, but I'm thinking it's very similar. I would have ordered the athletic body but I prefer mid bust. The muscle body was a bit too much for my taste.
I also agree that a seamless foot option would be nice. The seams look bad and also it is very difficult to change from flat to heel. I don't like having to heat the foot to be able to remove it. I thought at some point Phicen would redesign their seamless foot, more like what Jiaoudol uses. The Jiaoudol foot articulates better and can free stand. So a decent seamless foot is possible.
I like your photos. Nicely done and very funny.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
A fun review!

The 19B looks a lot like the sculpt they used for the very first steel bodies, S01 and S02, but with detachable feet. Those feet would've made a huge improvement to those first bodies.

The S23B looks really nice- I like the skin tone. I may try to use it to upgrade some of my older figures. I have an S22A and I think it's my favorite Phicen so far.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks onesixthwarrior and Strker2011! Onesixthwarrior, is there any difference between S22A and S23B other than the skintone? My concern with S22A is that it seems to be "pale" and so would be very difficult to match with heads -- so, assuming it is physically the same as S23B, I went for the latter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts