One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· 1:6 Acquisitionist
13,360 Posts
The license back story/history is very convoluted.

Sideshow is producing Taarna as a premium format figure/statue last I checked.

Triad Toys considered producing a non-licensed version with some nuances years back before they went under. The estimated price for a production run about 150 to 300 figures was at the time $250.00 USD. It would have been similar to their "Artisan" figures.

The license availability was looked into a couple of years ago. The license is available, but the license owner (last I checked) doesn't want to bother with it/was not interested.

Rumor/speculation comes up on occasion that PHICEN (now TBLeague)/EXECUTIVE REPLICAS maybe working on acquiring the license or have the license as a possible 2018/2019 offering, but it's rumors and speculation thus far.

· Evo-One
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The license back story/history is very convoluted.

Sideshow is producing Taarna as a premium format figure/statue last I checked.

Triad Toys considered producing a non-licensed version with some nuances years back before they went under. The estimated price for a production run about 150 to 300 figures was at the time $250.00 USD. It would have been similar to their "Artisan" figures.

The license availability was looked into a couple of years ago. The license is available, but the license owner (last I checked) doesn't want to bother with it/was not interested.

Rumor/speculation comes up on occasion that PHICEN (now TBLeague)/EXECUTIVE REPLICAS maybe working on acquiring the license or have the license as a possible 2018/2019 offering, but it's rumors and speculation thus far.
Go ole' DeltaForceChung, always on the know. Thanks man. I hope they get the license, because I so want one.

13,360 Posts
If they did her, they need to avoid the odd color choice that SS went with.
--

No kidding.

The Sideshow interpretation is not good.

If it was screen accurate (or as close as possible) from the film, I would have purchased it.

I used to collect a fair number of Sideshow premium format and status offerings up until a few years ago when prices (to me) pretty much doubled and then some along with a curve of design and quality issues.

Some of the offerings are nice, but way overpriced for what is presented.

· God of Thunder
365 Posts
I like the Sideshow statue because it addressed some of the issues of "how" as pertaining to the costume......lots of details were added and help explain how that costume works and stays on because let's face it.....it doesn't really make sense. A 100% screen accurate conversion would look rather odd for some parts.

I've been saying for a few years that it makes the most sense that Phicen tackle her. Seems like a win. Hopefully one day they make it happen. Hell, I'd even like to have the Barbarian leader too.

Side note: Making Den from the movie would be the easiest customer EVER. Take one Phicen M34. Use one of the attachments. Find a bald headsculpt. You have Den. Easy peasy.

· Registered
3,990 Posts
I like the Sideshow statue because it addressed some of the issues of "how" as pertaining to the costume......lots of details were added and help explain how that costume works and stays on because let's face it.....it doesn't really make sense. A 100% screen accurate conversion would look rather odd for some parts.
I don't have a problem with the outfit... It's the odd skin color that's driving me nuts. I don't remember her being anything other than Caucasian with white hair. WTF is up with the pasty blue/white skin tone?

13,360 Posts
Side note: Making Den from the movie would be the easiest customer EVER. Take one Phicen M34. Use one of the attachments. Find a bald headsculpt. You have Den. Easy peasy.
--

If I remember correctly, Richard Corben is supposedly not keen on licensing his properties as "toy" offerings.

Den would be very easy to do. His girlfriend would be nice too.

· Evo-One
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
--

If I remember correctly, Richard Corben is supposedly not keen on licensing his properties as "toy" offerings.

Den would be very easy to do. His girlfriend would be nice too.
Good lord...the man doesn't want to get paid?! LOL

He'd make a killing! His characters are awesome!

I don't have a problem with the outfit... It's the odd skin color that's driving me nuts. I don't remember her being anything other than Caucasian with white hair. WTF is up with the pasty blue/white skin tone?
I think the bluish color is suppose the represent the area/lighting she is in, not so much her actual skin color.

· Registered
3,990 Posts
Some people are like that. Bill Waterson, the creator of Calvin & Hobbes said absolutely no merchandise. All that stuff that you see that has been made is unlicensed. Some folks just don’t want to “sell out” or cheapen their work by having it plastered all over the place. It sucks for us, but it’s the way it is.

· Say what?
9,484 Posts
Whoa...

Talk about a flashback...

I've never seen the movie, but with new tunes (at the time) from Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult AND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD on it, I bought the soundtrack album as soon as it came out.

Font Cg artwork Publication Supernatural creature Fictional character

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion on the character.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
Some people are like that. Bill Waterson, the creator of Calvin & Hobbes said absolutely no merchandise. All that stuff that you see that has been made is unlicensed. Some folks just don't want to "sell out" or cheapen their work by having it plastered all over the place. It sucks for us, but it's the way it is.
Yeah but the weird distinction, if the above is true, would be that he's not negative on everything. He must have been ok with the existing Sideshow statue, but No to a posable figure because that would be too "toy"?

13,360 Posts
Yeah but the weird distinction, if the above is true, would be that he's not negative on everything. He must have been ok with the existing Sideshow statue, but No to a posable figure because that would be too "toy"?
--

:p

· Registered
5,802 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I know recently Incendium Online has released a 5in figure of Taarna, along with a Zombie from the B-17 segment from the movie that glows in the dark. Whenever their license is done with for making figures we might see her in 1/6 scale. I for one would love to see her in that scale with real rooted hair, extra hands, her outfit, sword, sheath for the sword, the amulet she carried and as a extra bonus her robe she wore when she arrives in the city's temple.

· God of Thunder
365 Posts
Hey guys.......I'll go ahead and let you know, since I sell Phicen and talk to them frequently, I did learn that Executive Replicas obtained the license for Heavy Metal last year. Supposedly this year they will be revealing Taarna, but last I heard they are still finalizing details on the prototype. So sit tight, she is supposed to be coming soon!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.