One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm very new at this hobby and I need a huge help from experts: I had a custom headsculpt made in the likeness of a friend (hair still missing, will be added later) but both the bodies I purchased online (Phicen S01A and Sheena) proved either too pale or too greyish/dark for the headsculpt. For reference, this is the head sculpt I'm talking about:

View attachment 393508
View attachment 393510
View attachment 393512

And this is how she looks on top of the Phicen S01A:

View attachment 393514

An utter mismatch. :doh

My questions are the following:
1) would it be worth a try to have either this body or the Sheena one (not pictured) "fixed" with pastel coloring to match the head or should I go for a whole different body altogether? If so, which one would you recommend (Phicen or not)? Mind you for this custom I need to have a body with either a small or medium bust.
2) how do you "fixate" the pastel coloring onto a silicone body in a way that doesn't stain the clothes you eventually dress it with? Is there a way to do that?
3) (OT) I've just stumbled upon Edation bodies, but the reviews I've read so far for these bodies are far from enthusiastic. This body (see below) would be perfect for this custom, but after reading the comments I'm a bit concerned it might not be as good as Phicen, while also being significantly more expensive (starting from 110$+). Do you have any experience with this kind of body? (/OT)

View attachment 393516

Thank you so much in advance, I have to complete this custom ASAP and I'm in dire need of help!
I've had luck with Paint Pens from craft stores. I like the control and detail I can get with them. On the Phicen Vampirella dolls they had no nipples. I was able to remedy that those pens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had no idea about any of this. I do a lot of 3d work and I used sketch/draw a lot but stopped some time ago and want to get back into it. Someone suggested that I should use the Phicen figures as posable references. So I went to quickly research a good figure to get and ended up spending 9 hours watching and reading info about phicen figures. Well, I'm still confused to all hell, but I ordered a PLMB2017-S23B figure after struggling with the massive amount of different figure types. It doesn't come with a head or clothing which sounds a bit daunting, but there's a lot of good info at this place so I feel less anxious about it now. Though, I haven't really found much info on what HS will come close to matching the S23B besides one (GAC Toys GC006D and I'm not sure if this means all heads from this brand should be ok or not) and some of the info I did find wasn't clear enough for a novice like me to fully understand.

If it matters, I'm working on a comic and one of the frequent characters in it is an Asian character. I can get away with using a Caucasian HS and use some other reference for the face but it would be nice if I could just use the body and HS visually at the same time. Doing some searches gives me the impression that the S23B skin tone isn't exactly the most compatible with the Asian HS. Are any of the current Phicen Asian heads that are a good match for the S23B? I think I read that people sell the real Phicen heads on ebay.

I just placed the order for the figure, so I could probably cancel and change to a different skin tone if I need to, I don't think it will ship out any earlier than tomorrow night.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, need some help looking for a phicen body that matches skintone with these head sculpts that I recently acquired..

DS TOYS DS-005
View attachment 392876

DAMTOYS IDF combat intelligence collection
View attachment 392878

Thank you all for your advise and expertise.
I have the same question. Did you figure this one out yet?
I ordered the D005 head (the redhead in your post) and am wondering what skintone I should order for it. I did some searching, and I *think* suntan will be the safer bet. But I also read the latest Phicen bodies have a different suntan from the older ones.

So to pose a second question: How many types/shades of suntan did Phicen release? And which bodies are what specific shade of suntan?

And help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK I am very dizzy right now. As many I too have read many posts before deciding on a body pale or suntan. Can anyone make a suggestion whether suntan or pale will go with these heads?

https://i.postimg.cc/Pxjnh4rm/IMG-20190727-014236.jpg
Brand unknown.
https://i.postimg.cc/nL7f65ZF/IMG-20190727-014256.jpg
Suoer Duck Heads 005

The descriptions on both read they go with "PH Pale body" whatever that means. I guess Phicen. But it kinda contradicts everything I read here. Suggesting the suntan would be better fitted for more heads. So I am not sure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
To the person who asked about using pastels on phicen/tbleage bodies, I'm not sure if there is a way to 'fix' soft/chalk pastels on the bodies, so you'd need to live with a bit of colour transfer. If there is a way to fix it, I don't know of it myself, and would be happy to be corrected in that matter.

The most reliable method I know of colouring tbleague/phicen bodies is to use oil pastels on them. Once the colouring process is completed, there is no colour transfer this way. The only downside is that one is limited to whatever colours of oil pastels are available, since blending the colours on the body is somewhat difficult, though not completely impossible. Hope that helps a bit. :)

Here's more discussion on the topic of colouring seamless bodies in general:

Painting seamless bodies

For the person who wanted the white body, I think Stryker mentioned in the post in the main section that the white Jiaou doll body should work ok for your goth character. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm very new at this hobby and I need a huge help from experts: I had a custom headsculpt made in the likeness of a friend (hair still missing, will be added later) but both the bodies I purchased online (Phicen S01A and Sheena) proved either too pale or too greyish/dark for the headsculpt. For reference, this is the head sculpt I'm talking about:

View attachment 393508
View attachment 393510
View attachment 393512

And this is how she looks on top of the Phicen S01A:

View attachment 393514

An utter mismatch. :doh

My questions are the following:
1) would it be worth a try to have either this body or the Sheena one (not pictured) "fixed" with pastel coloring to match the head or should I go for a whole different body altogether? If so, which one would you recommend (Phicen or not)? Mind you for this custom I need to have a body with either a small or medium bust.
2) how do you "fixate" the pastel coloring onto a silicone body in a way that doesn't stain the clothes you eventually dress it with? Is there a way to do that?
3) (OT) I've just stumbled upon Edation bodies, but the reviews I've read so far for these bodies are far from enthusiastic. This body (see below) would be perfect for this custom, but after reading the comments I'm a bit concerned it might not be as good as Phicen, while also being significantly more expensive (starting from 110$+). Do you have any experience with this kind of body? (/OT)

View attachment 393516

Thank you so much in advance, I have to complete this custom ASAP and I'm in dire need of help!
So, this may be two years too late for you but, these should help if you are still in search of a solution. The bodies of TBLeague's seamless figures are made of a silicone. I can be stained with dye. The dye will probably find a way to percolate back out of the material, so any clothing needs an impermeable layer to keep the dye from being wicked up into it.

https://www.ehow.com/how_8629002_dye-silicone.html

Mixing Silicone Skin Tones - YouTube

Silicone Painting Tutorial: Painting With PlatSil Gel-10 - YouTube

Dye Rubber - YouTube

Staining Plastic and Rubber Parts with Fabric Dye - YouTube

Jiaou Doll bodies are made of TPE, which uses/requires a different kind of dye. There are more color choices, so you may get a better OEM result there.

Lastly, there's nothing stopping you from repainting the head to match the body that you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, this may be two years too late for you but, these should help if you are still in search of a solution. The bodies of TBLeague's seamless figures are made of a silicone. I can be stained with dye. The dye will probably find a way to percolate back out of the material, so any clothing needs an impermeable layer to keep the dye from being wicked up into it.

https://www.ehow.com/how_8629002_dye-silicone.html

Mixing Silicone Skin Tones - YouTube

Silicone Painting Tutorial: Painting With PlatSil Gel-10 - YouTube

Dye Rubber - YouTube

Staining Plastic and Rubber Parts with Fabric Dye - YouTube

Jiaou Doll bodies are made of TPE, which uses/requires a different kind of dye. There are more color choices, so you may get a better OEM result there.

Lastly, there's nothing stopping you from repainting the head to match the body that you have.
Hi, thank you for the answer - I had actually put this project on hold as it required more time/effort than I originally envisioned. I'm currently looking for someone who'd repaint the body as a commission work, not sure if this is the right place to ask? I would try myself but I'm afraid I would just ruin the body as I'm not crafty at all...

141 - 149 of 149 Posts