39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
1:6 Baby
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
since they said for HotToys body, then I think suntan in more likely
Thanks for reply, Navetsea :thumb.

But.. are you sure these head skin tone will fits Suntan skin tone perfectly? I do have one Kumik head but the skin tone didn't match at all.

I'm just afraid the skin tone of those head that i previously linked is similar to this Kumik Head :sleep

This is the head :
KUMIK Avril Lavigne 1/6 Head Sculpt for Custom Hot Toys Phicen Female Body

And now this is how the head looks like on my PHICEN S09C Suntan body :doh
by Ananda R S, on Flickr
However, it looks perfectly fine with both Hot toys Blackwidow headsculpt

Phicen S09C Suntan body with Hot Toys IronMan II Blackwidow Head
Phicen S09C Suntan body with Hot Toys Blackwidow Avengers : Age of Ultron Head

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Kumik heads have an orange/yellow color to them, making most body colors a mismatched. Kimi heads, most have not been released so who knows? Color matching is the hardest thing to do in this hobby!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have both of those heads on hand right now and I can confirm that they are a mismatch for the suntan phicen body.

The neck fittings are also too small for the phicen pegs so they will require some modding to fit.

G

·
I have both of those heads on hand right now and I can confirm that they are a mismatch for the suntan phicen body.

The neck fittings are also too small for the phicen pegs so they will require some modding to fit.
Aw that's disappointing.

What colour are the Kimi heads? More like a traditional flesh tone? Or paler?

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,823 Posts
100% skin tone color match between 1:6 female head sculpts and bodies is not possible due to nuances involved.

"Close enough" or "it'll do" is the reality/truth of the matter.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Regarding my experience the best chance to reach a fit between Kumik and Phicen is to use a TAN-Body. SUNTAN in many cases is too greyish and PALE is too lightish. So best match between Avril Lavigne and Phicen should be S05 or more detailed S08 due to the more yellowish skin color of Kumiks heads.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Aw that's disappointing.

What colour are the Kimi heads? More like a traditional flesh tone? Or paler?
It has a slight yellow tint to it, kind of like the Kumik heads. The tones aren't even close, I'd say they are way off. Maybe the tanned body will work better but I don't have one on me to check.

G

·
It has a slight yellow tint to it, kind of like the Kumik heads. The tones aren't even close, I'd say they are way off. Maybe the tanned body will work better but I don't have one on me to check.
Thanks for answering. Is annoying that new heads get produced that don't match popular skintones.

At least Phicen brought out the suntan bodies so people could use Hot Toy heads on them, but while there's loads of non-HT heads about they're getting produced in mad tones.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Even the Kumik heads compared to each other do not always fit very well... so fitting to which Kumik head Phicen should create a color matching body... ?

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you for replying. Sadly i have already ordered both KIMI toy heads :cry. And about the neck fittings, do Kimi heads have the same neck fittings as Kumik heads?

Regarding my experience the best chance to reach a fit between Kumik and Phicen is to use a TAN-Body. SUNTAN in many cases is too greyish and PALE is too lightish. So best match between Avril Lavigne and Phicen should be S05 or more detailed S08 due to the more yellowish skin color of Kumiks heads.
Yup, the Suntan skin tone to Kumik head skin tone is way off. I know Phicen are releasing 3 different skin tones, Pale, Tan, and Suntan for their new Steel skeleton bodies. But right now. I've only seeing Pale and Suntan body from E-bay & Amazon. Maybe they haven't release the Tan version of their Steel skeleton bodies?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Maybe they haven't release the Tan version of their Steel skeleton bodies?
You mean the bodies without head? No they are not released up to now in TAN color. TAN bodies with head are released but only in the big bust version - PLLB2014-S05 and PLLB2014-S08. The numbers for the up to now not released headless bodies in TAN color are: TAN-S05B, TAN-S08C, TAN-S11D, and TAN-S14E.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thank you for replying. Sadly i have already ordered both KIMI toy heads :cry. And about the neck fittings, do Kimi heads have the same neck fittings as Kumik heads?

Yup, the Suntan skin tone to Kumik head skin tone is way off. I know Phicen are releasing 3 different skin tones, Pale, Tan, and Suntan for their new Steel skeleton bodies. But right now. I've only seeing Pale and Suntan body from E-bay & Amazon. Maybe they haven't release the Tan version of their Steel skeleton bodies?
The heads can fit but it requires a bit of force to get them onto phicen neck pegs. Once they are on, they are pretty tight.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You mean the bodies without head? No they are not released up to now in TAN color. TAN bodies with head are released but only in the big bust version - PLLB2014-S05 and PLLB2014-S08. The numbers for the up to now not released headless bodies in TAN color are: TAN-S05B, TAN-S08C, TAN-S11D, and TAN-S14E.
Yeah, i mean the headless body. I've seen the body numbers somewhere on OSW forums, and yes it's mentioned that the TAN is not released on Headless version. I hope it'll be released soon.

If you can get an Armored Shi or China Honor Guard body loose, those are the tan skin tone. You're on your own for hands and feet, though.
I've seen those bodies for sale in Ebay. I was wondering why the seller didn't include the pair of hands and feet until i've seen the actual figure from the official Phicen website :urp
just buy both bodies ;) then you'll have an extra on hand for another character. It's what I do.
At first, i'm trying to buy two bodies along with two Kimi toys headsculpt, but then i decide to wait for the heads to come first and see if it's skin tone color is close to my Phicen Suntan skin tone :b

·
Headsculpt Huntress
109 Posts
I wonder what skintone the headsculpts from the Flirty Girl Tuxedo Lingerie sets are.

Has anyone tried them with a phicen? It seems they are not the suntan skintone and I think they are a little bit too small for a Phicen body.

I like the sculpt but if they don't fit with a Phicen, I won't buy.

Could anyone give advice, please?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts